What to do when you fall in love with your best friend?

LILSCOOTER

I am in a ten year lesbian relationship. Life has been pretty good but, like everyone we have our ups and downs. My girlfriend and i are 15 yrs apart. This didn't matter before, but lately i feel very distant. My girlfriend has a daughter who is a year younger than me. The daughter was heavily involved in drugs and her mother has devoted her life to trying to fix her. I believe in helping someone but how many chances do you give someone? This is a big controversy in our home. My other problem stems from lack of similar interests. We both work in the medical field,so we do have that in common. However i love electronics and she doesn't know the first thing about them. She is also a hyper person and it's hard to get her to sit down and have an intilectual coversation. She is also a big phone talker and i'd rather watch tv. My best friend and i are coworkers. She and i can talk for hours and she gets my whitty sarcasim. There is nothing worse than someone asking you what does that mean? After saying something whitty. (it's just not funny then). I don't know when it happened but i began having intense feelings for my best friend. I've told her about it and she told me she only loves me as a friend. But sometimes the way we look at each other makes me melt. My best friend is currently in a miserable 15yr relationship. Neither one of us want to ruin our friendship. What should i do? I can't stop thinking about her!!!!!!

It can be hard to be with some one who you feel is not on the same intellectual level as you - in either direction. If you are developing feelings for someone else, then perhaps you should re-evaluate your relationship. But, ethically and morally, it is wrong to pursue someone while both of you are in committed relationships - even if they are bad or unsatisfying.