The Impossible Dream

boredguy

another piece comes to u from chemistry class, where i have nothing to do.

The stars twinkled majestically as they sat on the soft grass, under a canopy of pure beauty clouded over by the lights of the city. She slowly slid closer as he put his arm around her in a soft pseudo-embrace. "Lets forget the past," she said, "lets start anew."

He thought for a moment, then realized he did not want to want to forget the bittersweet pain he had gone through to experience this moment. "No," he said, "let's not forget, lets continue what I once began." "I'm sorry," she replied, "I was so blind."

A soft breeze blows by the two friends as they huddle closer for warmth and for the mere sake of being there in that moment in time. "Its time to live our lives as they were meant to be; together." He whispered softly into her ear. She smiled slowly, that very smile that haunted him for so many years, yet brought him through the hardest times in his life.

Seeing that smile directed at him and only him sent a shiver of warmth all through his body. His broken heart mended, he held her closer, never wanting to let her go. She smiled again, with the knowledge that she will never be heartbroken ever again.

As she gazed up at his eyes, he lost himself in hers, two deep brown pools of hazy mystery unfolding to him. He placed his hand under her chin and raised her face ever so slightly. As he caressed her cheek with the gentle touch only a lover could have, they slowly moved closer, still gazing into each other eyes. Unblinking; wanting to remember every second of this moment. Their eyes closed, shutting out the world so their lips could make love; gently, slowly, savoring every second.

After what seemed like only seconds, they released their lips from their passionate embrace. They sat, in silence. The most comfortable silence either of them had ever felt, showering them with a sense of fulfillment.

A lone tear rolled down his cheek, puzzling her. "Why?" she asked, as she wiped it away. Looking deeply into her eyes, he replied "I've never had a dream come true before, I didn't know what else to do."

She smiled as tears began to roll down her cheeks as well. With content smiles on their faces, they cried unto each other in silence. A light snow dusted down from the heavens, as a soft breeze blew upon the two friends.