Facebook friends who rarely/never, like/comment your posts?

TheOutsider1

Also, I don't like posts from people I'm really close to. My cousin I seen last weekend gets a new job? I already know. So I really don't bother to congratulate her on facebook because I see her in my everyday life and I can do my praise in person. Facebook feels like its made to connect you with others you don't see everyday. I would recommend if it bothers you, send them a quick message and catch up. You don't have to get your updates on facebook when you can just keep in contact

• 4 years later...

They may not even see all of your posts. Facebook can push things on their feeds or timelines or whatever they are called, and it's always changing. So blame Facebook before you blame your friends. That, plus there is such a flood of things happening on social media at any one time, it's hard for any one person to keep track of  the stuff they might care about. If you stop to look at one thing, maybe it's a neighborhood alert or lost dog or something in the moment, other things get lost, and you have to let them go and get back to work....

[edit] oh wait, was this thread started August 17, 2016? If so, nevermind...

1 hour ago, journeynow said:

They may not even see all of your posts. Facebook can push things on their feeds or timelines or whatever they are called, and it's always changing. So blame Facebook before you blame your friends. That, plus there is such a flood of things happening on social media at any one time, it's hard for any one person to keep track of  the stuff they might care about. If you stop to look at one thing, maybe it's a neighborhood alert or lost dog or something in the moment, other things get lost, and you have to let them go and get back to work....

Still great advice though!

Archived