After NC for 1.5 months got a missed FaceTime call from ex?? Accident?

Hi guys,

So I've been doing NC since May 1st. I have posted on here before. Again, the specifics don't matter. I always keep my phone on do not disturb, and when I checked it a bit ago I saw I had a missed FaceTime call from my ex. I have deleted his contact and number, but he has an international number so I knew it was his. I was shaking so much and so nervous I almost passed out.

So I texted, "Did you call me", and he quickly responded, "sorry was a pocket dial".

I left it at that and have not responded.

Please don't say I shouldn't have texted him and ignored it, or that I should have responded later. I did what I did. Yeah, probably should have left it but I didn't.

So my question is, is it really possible to accidentally FaceTime someone? We haven't facetimed in like 6 months so it wouldn't have been in his FaceTime recent calls, where you can easily accidentally call someone, and the call wasn't cancelled it went all the way through the rings.

Intentional, or accident? I genuinely don't know and need your opinions

Thanks guys! I don't regret asking if he called. I just don't think it's that easy to accidentally call someone on FaceTime? You have to actually go to their contact and click on that button, or been looking at my contact in the FaceTime log. The call wasn't cancelled, which mean it went all the way through. I am glad I didn't respond to him saying it was a pocket dial, but now I'm just left wondering! So frustrating, I was beginning to really let him go too

My ex-wife has mistakenly texted, emailed and butt dialed me numerous times. Knowing her, I understand it was just a mistake and write it off. I'll tell you what though, there's nothing like the horror of mistakenly texting your ex-wife that you're thinking of her when it's intended for someone else. Been there. Lol.

Mg99, unless your ex specifically sends you a message saying, "mg99, I was wrong, I made mistakes and I'd like to talk to you" or something to that effect, as was mentioned, they're just breadcrumbs.

Thanks guys! I don't regret asking if he called. I just don't think it's that easy to accidentally call someone on FaceTime? You have to actually go to their contact and click on that button, or been looking at my contact in the FaceTime log.
If he left that interface open because he happened to have face timed others, then when he put his phone in his pocket then it's quite easy. Or, he could have been deleting old history when it happened.
The call wasn't cancelled, which mean it went all the way through.
Which is even more evidence that it was a pocket dial since he wouldn't be aware that it had happened. My cousin literally listened to about 15 minutes of a real time conversation I was having with my daughter and I had no idea she was hearing the audio but couldn't see anything because the phone was in my purse.

I am glad I didn't respond to him saying it was a pocket dial, but now I'm just left wondering! So frustrating,
Don't wonder anymore... its truly possible that what he is saying is the truth.

I was beginning to really let him go too
not as much as you thought if something this insignificant has set you off again. Consider it just a little set back and continue on in your quest for indifference to him.

Thanks guys. I really am trying to just brush it off and I didn't even try to start a convo with him after which is good. When he called it was 3pm my time, 11pm his time. So he could be drunk. Idk. Whole thing really shook me up.

Don't let yourself into his mind games. Resist getting confused. you had enough and he might have sensed that you are getting your upperhand over the NC. (or it might not even matter). What you did is okay, you just needed to clarify if he did call, if he said it was "pocket dial" whatever, just take it as it is and go on. If he wants to talk to you, he will find a way.

Thank you everyone for assuring me I did the right thing! I have come to the conclusion that accidental or not I don't care. I am so glad he wasn't in my contacts so his name didn't show up, just the number didn't make it feel real. I feel like I am winning the NC game. Just kidding it's not a game but I still got a bit of pleasure from the fact that he looks like the weirdo butt dial of me and that he still has my contact in his phone! If it was a way of trying to talk he will have to try a whole lot harder. He won't be getting any calls from me!

Archived