I'm 41 and he's 19

MMM25

You could get quite the reputation in a small town, I'm sure you know. I would end this immediately, in the manner in which it could best be kept out of the public eye. Teenage boys aren't the best at keeping their mouths shut -or handling rejection. I wish you luck.

Are you concerned about being labeled a cradle robber by small town people? Is he ok with keeping it discrete?

I've never been the one to be concerned about what other think of me...but the fact that our families know one another concerns me greatly. Because I actually care about how they would react that does concern me a lot.

I've never been the one to be concerned about what other think of me...but the fact that our families know one another concerns me greatly. Because I actually care about how they would react that does concern me a lot.

Then wouldn't it be better to end it?

I've always said that I think there is something fundamentally wrong with someone as old as you, who would become sexually intimate with someone his age. Please speak to a counselor about your feelings in general and about this particular situation. I'm sure you'll find your own answers to this in time.

*snipped*

I've always said that I think there is something fundamentally wrong with someone as old as you, who would become sexually intimate with someone his age. Please speak to a counselor about your feelings in general and about this particular situation. I'm sure you'll find your own answers to this in time.

*snipped*

I agree with you....I have gotten myself in a situation here.

Yes, it would be but I will miss him dearly

But if you're going to receive backlash from friends and family then why not walk away? You'll miss him dearly, that's understandable but I do think the age gap is too large and you're going to receive criticism for your relationship.

But if you're going to receive backlash from friends and family then why not walk away? You'll miss him dearly, that's understandable but I do think the age gap is too large and you're going to receive criticism for your relationship.

If I truly believe it would work I wouldn't care about the backlash, I just believe he has a lot of growing up to do and don't want to end up playing the mother roll....writing this has helped to talk about this get a clearer view on things. My head gets wrapped in the clouds. The excitement of it, I do believe my loneliness is leading me to desperate measures. We have backed away a lot. We don't see each other as much. He does reach out to me from time to time. I think maybe it will fizzle out without having to involve anyone.

, I do believe my loneliness is leading me to desperate measures. We have backed away a lot. .

How can you remedy this loneliness? Do you need to look up on Meetup.com to find some groups to be involved with to make new friends? Are you not comfortable/happy with your alone time when you are alone - afraid to be alone, etc, and maybe that involves some counseling or some conscious practice at it. Or is it more that you are lonely for a relationship?

Why don't you try some dating apps?

I met and fell in love with someone online we were together for 5 years but in that time I truly learned who he really was and lets just say I suffer from post tramatic stress disorder from that situation. I think I have some soul searching to do before I get involved again. My heart can't take much more. I get too emotionally attached.

I met and fell in love with someone online we were together for 5 years but in that time I truly learned who he really was and lets just say I suffer from post tramatic stress disorder from that situation. I think I have some soul searching to do before I get involved again. My heart can't take much more. I get too emotionally attached.

Did he abuse you? Then you need counseling, not a relationship with a vulnerable child.

Did he abuse you? Then you need counseling, not a relationship with a vulnerable child.

^^^ Worth repeating and goes back to what I said about something being wrong with a person of the Op's age wanting to be with someone of his age.

I am being actively pursued by a smart, well-educated, kind, mature, financially wise, hardworking, handsome man who owns his own company and makes payroll for 50 employees. We have mutual admiration, excellent communication, chemistry, humor, and many common interests, but he is 33 and I am 53 (though I am often told I look younger because I am slim/curvy and have no wrinkles). I have been turning him down based on the age difference. His mom, who had him when she was 21, is only two years older than I. He is 10 years older than my oldest child. I am thinking about the difference between 55 and 75. He is also concerned about the age gap, but not for us, but for his mom and my kids...

Sigh.

Archived