Input on a quote i found. {intriguing}

boredguy

Well technically this isnt poetry, neither is it mine. i heard it in philosophy class the other day, and found it immensely interestin, it jus made thoughts fly through my head. jus wonderin what u pplz thoughts were on it.

Do not risk what you have by desiring more, but remember that what you have now is what you once desired.

waddaya think?

Well technically this isnt poetry, neither is it mine. i heard it in philosophy class the other day, and found it immensely interestin, it jus made thoughts fly through my head. jus wonderin what u pplz thoughts were on it.

Do not risk what you have by desiring more, but remember that what you have now is what you once desired.

waddaya think?

But what if you have what you have now because you once took a risk to obtain it?

Anyhow, I like it too but it can be read in a less inspiring way. There's always 2 sides to everything.

Hi Supreme99

I dun think the author means we should not risk for what we want. We can have good things as well as bad things for efforts we put in to risk.

But there is a sign of 'u should be contented for what u desire', coz at least it is what u had pursued before. Dun u cherish things u had gotten, esp those in a hard way?

Yes. Boredguy, u are right. Coz desiring for more things, example luxurious products, ur risk is higher, u may end up losing those u had wanted and is now in the control of ur hands.

And neither lest if u noe the bad shape u are in, is coz of what u had over-risked before, then of coz, u learned to lessen ur risk, by appreciating ur lesson u had obtained, and now discover a new way to know what u want and can gotten, and what u cant balance if there is too much.

And of coz, life is a learning process, thats what philosophy is always engaged in.

well to tell u the truth...im not sure...ill ask the person who put it up though...i should really pay more attention in class....especcially chemistry

teacher: "what is the number of electrons in the second p orbital?"

me: "uh...yes!"

8) weak...io knw....lolz

1 s

2 s p

3 s p d

4 s p d f

5 s p d f

6 s p d f

7 s p d f

Read down and to the left.

So the normal filling order would be:

1s 2s 2p3s 3p4s 3d4p5s 4d5p6s 4f5d6p7s et cetera

_ s

_ _ _ p

_ _ _ _ _ d

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ f

2 electrons in every s

6 in every p

10 in every d

14 in every f

looool how's that for a quick quantum lesson.

Word.

As to the quote:

It's on par with that old game in which one guesses under which cup the ball is.

If guessed correctly, the player wins 1 dollar, and the player can continue and wager double, or leave with his standings.

If guessed incorrectly, the player loses everything.

To progess, an initial risk must be made. Following that, the rest is up to the player.

Quote:

My personal take on the quoteis that it refers to a person. Do not risk what you have (him/her) by desiring more (someone else), but (instead) remember that what you have now (current 'love') is what you once desired (someone who loves you). That's my personal take, like I said, but I can also see many other meaning it could be seen as. But that's the cool thing about words and language.

Anyway, interesting post. Thanks. =)

1 s

2 s p

3 s p d

4 s p d f

5 s p d f

6 s p d f

7 s p d f

_ s

_ _ _ p

_ _ _ _ _ d

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ f

2 electrons in every s

6 in every p

10 in every d

14 in every f

Word.

Now I know where to go to study before my next ADV. Chem test...well, not my next one...my next test is Friday and it's on stoichiometry...but when we review quantum I'll know who to come to. interesting stuff, chemistry. =)

1 s

2 s p

3 s p d

4 s p d f

5 s p d f

6 s p d f

7 s p d f

_ s

_ _ _ p

_ _ _ _ _ d

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ f

2 electrons in every s

6 in every p

10 in every d

14 in every f

Word.

As to the quote:

It's on par with that old game in which one guesses under which cup the ball is.

If guessed correctly, the player wins 1 dollar, and the player can continue and wager double, or leave with his standings.

If guessed incorrectly, the player loses everything.

To progess, an initial risk must be made. Following that, the rest is up to the player.

DUDE U ROCK!

lol i knw who im msgin when i get to that point where im literally hittin my head on the wall. thnx