Open Club  ·  35 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Need A Fresh Start

DJ12

So I have been on this site since January of this year, long story short split with an ex because of issues I had regarding jealousy from this I got help professionally and so on my ex constantly gave mixed messages and I feel for it hook line etc etc. I have took a month off my work starting in June and want to go away

the thing is all my friends are married or have other commitments so I would be travelling alone Im really open to trying anywhere and really want a fresh new experience has anybody got any ideas or personal stories that they could share?

I am extremely aware Im not getting back with my ex I just want to look forward now as I know it will benefit me in the long run

any response is appreciated

I often thought about (and never acted on it) going on a singles tour to another country.

I have a coworker that does this and she's had some great experiences. When I say 'single' there isn't emphasis on dating but more so, just individuals looking for travel partners.

Her most recent trip, she went to Puerto Rico. Met several really nice people and is now getting offers from around the nation to come visit whenever she's in town.

I want to say there were about 10 other people including a tour guide in her group.

I have perused several websites and never pulled the trigger to do any of them.

Maybe you'll be braver than I am.

Check it out!

Have you completely explored the area directly around you? Start there, google maps is your friend. Expand your radious as you discover.

I know people always like to talk about vacation destinations and hot spots. To me, they are just typical tourist traps and also, when I go places I prefer very little to no people. I want to find places where NO ONE is going.

But that's just me.

I was able to find TONS of stuff directly around me, but I enjoy/love nature, so that helps. I live in a very small state and so far haven't even explored it enough to expand my radius to other states. There is just SO much to see.

After my divorce I took a three year vacation from dating. I travelled, hiked, biked, canoed, climbed, just about anything I wanted to do. Still look back on that time with nostalgia.

One of my favorite trips was a solo canoe trip into Algonquin Provincial park. It was fantastic. I rarely saw anyone for the two weeks I was there, but I saw moose, beaver, otter and one black bear. I fished to my hearts content.

There's something special about being by your campfire at night listening to wolves howl in the distance. It really was a tranquil experience and it's something I look back on with fondness.

After being set free from a break-up...just go enjoy yourself. Go wild a little and enjoy your freedom!

Yeah I Know thats exactly what im thinking giving me some time away from everything I am just wanting to do something I never could have done before

I often thought about (and never acted on it) going on a singles tours to another country.

I have a coworker that does this and she's had some great experiences. When I say 'single' there isn't emphasis on dating but more so, just individuals looking for travel partners.

Her most recent trip, she went to Puerto Rico. Met several really nice people and is now getting offers from around the nation to come visit whenever she's in town.

I want to say there were about 10 other people including a tour guide in her group.

I have perused several websites and never pulled the trigger to do any of them.

Maybe you'll be braver than I am.

Check it out!

I never really have ever had the chance to think about it however im going for it Im thinking Thailand as its a total backpackers delight although Im really willing to go anywhere preferably with the sun out haha

yeah I get you I want to meet loads of new people but not to find a new someone really want just an amazing experience

Have you completely explored the area directly around you? Start there, google maps is your friend. Expand your radious as you discover.

I know people always like to talk about vacation destinations and hot spots. To me, they are just typical tourist traps and also, when I go places I prefer very little to no people. I want to find places where NO ONE is going.

But that's just me.

I was able to find TONS of stuff directly around me, but I enjoy/love nature, so that helps. I live in a very small state and so far haven't even explored it enough to expand my radius to other states. There is just SO much to see.

I stay in Scotland and have pretty much seen all of it im looking to get on a plane and possibly never to return again

I love meeting new people from all walks of life so would be hoping to do that

After my divorce I took a three year vacation from dating. I travelled, hiked, biked, canoed, climbed, just about anything I wanted to do. Still look back on that time with nostalgia.

One of my favorite trips was a solo canoe trip into Algonquin Provincial park. It was fantastic. I rarely saw anyone for the two weeks I was there, but I saw moose, beaver, otter and one black bear. I fished to my hearts content.

There's something special about being by your campfire at night listening to wolves howl in the distance. It really was a tranquil experience and it's something I look back on with fondness.

sounds great id be very much open to doing all of that however maybe not that solo haha

Don't go to Southeast Asia between June through September. That's Monsoon season it's why my husband and I went to the Philippines in November.

Oh god thats Asia out the window haha whereabouts do you recommend?

DJ.

The sky's the limit!

Depends on what you like. What Clinton described earlier sounds like heaven.

And most countries have wildernesses, forests, quiet places.

Stay away from the so-called resorts and vacation hotspots. Dreadful places.....

I've travelled quite a bit in my time, but I should dearly love to go to Uganda....sometime.

Anhyow there's this:

DJ.

The sky's the limit!

Depends on what you like. What Clinton described earlier sounds like heaven.

And most countries have wildernesses, forests, quiet places.

Stay away from the so-called resorts and vacation hotspots. Dreadful places.....

I've travelled quite a bit in my time, but I should dearly love to go to Uganda....sometime.

Anhyow there's this:

]

Thanks very much Hermes I appreciate thatx

Oh god thats Asia out the window haha whereabouts do you recommend?

You said something about hiking. The Appalachians are gorgeous. I loved hiking in Asheville, NC and there are beautiful state parks around it. It might be a bit hot, but its cooler in Maine.

Look into cruises. I hear that Alaskan/British Columbia cruises are fantastic. If you get the money, do a Mediterranean cruise.

Go on Groupon and and look up travel deals. Unfortunately the pictures they post are fake and not always from the locations, so do your research. I learned this the very hard way U_U

I wish I could recommend the Caribbean (Jamaica was a ton of fun), but it would be hot and crowded with kids being out of school in June. Plus with the Zika virus scare, it may not be your best choice as of now until it calms down.

You said something about hiking. The Appalachians are gorgeous. I loved hiking in Asheville, NC and there are beautiful state parks around it. It might be a bit hot, but its cooler in Maine.

Look into cruises. I hear that Alaskan/British Columbia cruises are fantastic. If you get the money, do a Mediterranean cruise.

Go on Groupon and and look up travel deals. Unfortunately the pictures they post are fake and not always from the locations, so do your research. I learned this the very hard way U_U

I wish I could recommend the Caribbean (Jamaica was a ton of fun), but it would be hot and crowded with kids being out of school in June. Plus with the Zika virus scare, it may not be your best choice as of now until it calms down.

Thanks very much Snny I appreciate the information I suppose Im a little nervous because Im so used to travelling with another but hopefully ill get something booked

Archived