problems when around friends

uongy

hey guys,i recently posted regarding conversation skills but i think this pin-points the problems a little better.

i think im ok when talking to new people really,maybe a little nervous but i generally come accross as a friendly person.

anyway,my issue is with my group of friends.first,they are in another school(boys and girls schools in my part of town)so my relations with my girl mates is difficult to maintain.

i think that barrer is one i have most difficulty with.its just the sheer lack of contact time we have,which means im kind of uneasy in their presense.

they are cool people who will invite me to their parties and i guess this shows that they do like me.i just wish i could get closer to them.

this issue means that i have problems making conversation with them,cos im not round them in their daily life.by the way,we only tend to meet up at parties.

i do talk to some of them online when they are online,but for those who dont come online,i have grown apart from.

any suggestions?

If you happen to see them again, I would ask to exchange phone numbers... That way, you could call each other... Or addresses, if you feel comfortable with that. Some people do, some don't.... The other thing to remember is that people come along in our lives for various reasons, and sometimes, we just lose touch with those people....

Hello

The good news is you are at least coming to terms with what are your weak and strong points. We all have them , I know I sure do. I think what your doing by evaluating yourself will make it better for you in the future. Work on your conversation skills, remember some people are better at making a presentation than others. You may be weak now, but with a little practice you will improve quickly. And as far as losing contact, well you can change that if they have an email or a cell phone.

Just do it !!!!!!!! A quote from Nike

Good luck, keep trying my friend

Kuhl

8)

hey guys thanks for the replies.

phone numbers ive already got.addresses are not needed since i have everyone's phone numbers.

anyway,i would like to pick something about phone conversations.basically,my problems would stem from what i would say to them.my issues are not to do with conversation skills as such as i work at a place where i have speak alot(i teach kids in extra tuition)

my problems stem from the content of what i say.im fine in a conversation where the topic is already established(for example talking about films i can say what i want to say easily about a certain film)

the problem is starting a conversation and changing topics.my mind seems to go blank,and hence i remain quiet.

any suggestions on how i cure this apperent mind blank i have?