A Lie...my lie

boredguy

e weirdest thing happened. a poem i wrote and sent to link removed almost a year and a half ago, came in the mail today...askin for publishing...im thinkin...hmm great timing cuz this poem means a lot to whats going on in my life right now. It feels horrible not to be able to tell my best friend about this...

A lie can hurt,

It can sting,

I could lie to someone,

And really not care.

I could hear a lie from someone,

And really not care.

But when I lie to you,

My stomach turns and I squirm,

I wish I could tell you,

But the time is not right.

When the time is right,

I shall speak,

And all shall be clear,

You shall smile that smile,

That smile that parts the dark clouds,

The sun shall shine yet again;

And the world will be a better place,

Not for all,

But at least for me and you

i look back on the optimism i once had....and now realise that i may simply be spiraling into depression....*sigh*

hey i got one of my poems in there too, and i did a little backround thing on it cuz it sounded a little suspicious considering you have to pay for a lot of stuff like, if you want the book if you want to win an award. it sounds a little scamy to me. i never heard of it before. i've never seen the books before, but i believe they exsist i just think i should somehow be paid for my writing. so if your poem is gonna be in the book just i wouldn't buy any of the stuff. but its great that your writing got recognized and is being published.

yeah lol...i dont bother with link removed anymore. there are better ways.. get in touch with ur local poetry community. ive made a lot of friends here in torontos community. in fact one of the poets helped me publish a chapbook of a poem. toronto is a very artsy kinda town. in fact they jus had my pic in the newspaper the other day fer doin some poetry stuff 8)