Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Can anyone recommend me a good/affordable yoga mat?

John John

I really want to start doing yoga regularly. It's great for flexibility (I sit too much), your core and your posture. I'm in good shape, but my flexibility could use a bit of work. I went on Amazon to check out the yoga mats, and there are so many. I'm guessing it doesn't really matter that much, but wondering if any yogis on here could point me in the right direction of a good and affordable mat?

Thanks folks!

I just bought one at a department store on clearance for $10 - but I'll be using it for some core exercising, not yoga. But they did have some nice ones that seemed thicker and had material on the bottom that is supposed to prevent sliding. My guess would be to shoot for ones like that. Those ran about $20.

I just bought one at a department store on clearance for $10 - but I'll be using it for some core exercising, not yoga. But they did have some nice ones that seemed thicker and had material on the bottom that is supposed to prevent sliding. My guess would be to shoot for ones like that. Those ran about $20.

Yeah I want to get one that's got anti-sliding on both sides of the matt (so you don't slide on the mat, and it doesn't move around while you're using it). After I get back from California, I really want to start doing yoga at least once a week!

Check out Amazon. They have great mats that fall into every price range and the reviews are super helpful for narrowing down your choices based upon what you're looking for. It sounds like "grippy" is what you want.

I use a Manduka, but they are fairly pricey... it has been worth the investment for me, since I do a LOT of yoga.

Archived