Accidentally closed our match....Ugh....

milly007

What is the purpose of texting? Do you have a plan to meet?

Purpose of texting? I have no idea at this point. I'm tired of texting. A plan to meet? Not yet. Just yesterday he said "we're definitely overdue for a phone call, no?". I don't know if I'm being strung along, but something isn't sitting well right now. Which is why I mentioned in my previous post that I'm going to bring up the in-person meeting with him tonight.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Purpose of texting? I have no idea at this point. I'm tired of texting. A plan to meet? Not yet. Just yesterday he said "we're definitely overdue for a phone call, no?". I don't know if I'm being strung along, but something isn't sitting well right now. Which is why I mentioned in my previous post that I'm going to bring up the in-person meeting with him tonight.

Yeah definitely go ahead and ask to meet.

Maybe someone else can fill in the blanks? Two people chat online and then move on to texting. Clearly there's some level of interest. They live 1.5 hours apart. No in-person meeting has been scheduled yet, but they e been chatting for approx. 2/3 weeks. What is the point of texting at this point? With no concrete date for a meeting yet?

Bah, he's probably wondering why I haven't said anything either, so I'm just as much to blame, I guess. I've just found that meetings usually always go better for me when the guy initiates and asks for the meet.

What I did consider unusual is when, before he first called me, he texted and said that he might be in my neck of the woods this week. I said, "that's great! Let me know if you want some face time He didn't acknowledge that comment. But called me a few minutes later.

Either way, I'm tired of trying to figure this guy out. I'm just going to ask.

Some people want to really get to know a match before meeting. Often times it's because they either a) are quite a bit different in real life than their profiles and want you to get to know them well before meeting in hope that you'll fall for their personality and ignore their shortcomings. Or b) are scared for their safety to meet and want to wait until they get to know a match better before meeting (typically a female thing...men don't usually feel scared because they're stronger than their dates) or c) have no intention of meeting you at all, are possibly in a relationship already, and are hoping that by talking to you a lot and getting you comfortable, that you'll send them nude pics.

I can't think of other reasons.

Some people want to really get to know a match before meeting. Often times it's because they either a) are quite a bit different in real life than their profiles and want you to get to know them well before meeting in hope that you'll fall for their personality and ignore their shortcomings. Or b) are scared for their safety to meet and want to wait until they get to know a match better before meeting (typically a female thing...men don't usually feel scared because they're stronger than their dates) or c) have no intention of meeting you at all, are possibly in a relationship already, and are hoping that by talking to you a lot and getting you comfortable, that you'll send them nude pics.

I can't think of other reasons.

All possibilities. I just don't want to be a Plan B. Meaning he's chatting with other women closer to home (not 1.5 hours away like me)to see if anything sticks, but is also chatting with me and keeping me as a back up plan if by chance things don't work out with these other women.

I know he works crazy hours, as do I, usually. Although I can sympathize with crazy work hours, which results in the days flying by quickly and me losing all concept of time, I'm serious about meeting someone and my schedule should not prevent that from happening (although it doesn't help)

You need to move things along. Suggest meeting and see what he says. If he puts you off, then you should be done with him for good because he's stringing you along; if he's willing to make a firm plan (soon, not in a few weeks or when work isn't busy or blah blah blah), then great - you can see if all this has been worth it.

Maybe someone else can fill in the blanks? Two people chat online and then move on to texting. Clearly there's some level of interest. They live 1.5 hours apart. No in-person meeting has been scheduled yet, but they e been chatting for approx. 2/3 weeks. What is the point of texting at this point? With no concrete date for a meeting yet?

Bah, he's probably wondering why I haven't said anything either, so I'm just as much to blame, I guess. I've just found that meetings usually always go better for me when the guy initiates and asks for the meet.

First meets are not dates- they are to see if you should go on a date in the future. It's your time to waste. Tell him that you're too busy to chat and would prefer to meet in person to see if in the future it would make sense to go on a date. If he is not enthusiastic (after all this time) about making a time/place plan, move on immediately unless you want a chat buddy.

First meets are not dates- they are to see if you should go on a date in the future. It's your time to waste. Tell him that you're too busy to chat and would prefer to meet in person to see if in the future it would make sense to go on a date. If he is not enthusiastic (after all this time) about making a time/place plan, move on immediately unless you want a chat buddy.

Oh I know; you're preaching to the choir. At no point have I ever considered first meetings dates. It doesn't become a date until after the initial meeting and it's been determined that there's mutual interest.

Oh I know; you're preaching to the choir. At no point have I ever considered first meetings dates. It doesn't become a date until after the initial meeting and it's been determined that there's mutual interest.

Right, so why wait for the man to initiate? I understand your track record but realize that tomorrow he could be meeting the woman of his dreams - close the deal, make a plan.

Well no, anybody would assume they took the hint preceding any other revelation. That's just common sense. You're assuming things about him now. Mistakes happen, you did the write thing. Now he can decide to accept your honest mistake or whatever. Don't worry. And like someone else said, there's plenty of fish in the sea. Broken record but it's true.

You close your account and he jumps to conclusions and then follows that up with silence. He may not be the prize you think he is.

Well no, anybody would assume they took the hint preceding any other revelation. That's just common sense. You're assuming things about him now. Mistakes happen, you did the write thing. Now he can decide to accept your honest mistake or whatever. Don't worry. And like someone else said, there's plenty of fish in the sea. Broken record but it's true.

Archived