Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Do other men here listen to pop music/female artist?

musicman777

Just curious. This past year, my um, musical taste has expanded into new areas. From what was an avid love for music like metal, house, alternative stuff mostly, I'm now listening to stuff like Lana Del Rey. I don't know why, but I freaking LOVE her music now. It's just, good, to me anyway and I am a musician (hence the username). Other artist too, such as Ellie Goulding. In fact, I'm slightly embarrassed to say I picked up a ticket to see one of Ellie's concerts in June, although I'm on the fence about going (tickets are resellable at this venue). What other guys on here are listening to this stuff???? Is it weird I listen to these singers?

I see a post about Adele on here. I actually DON'T like her that much, in fact I think some of her new songs are knock-offs of Lana Del Rey, lol. Just curious. I don't know, I'm turning 26 this month. I don't really care what others thing about what I listen to anymore but at the same time I'm still partly curious what other guys are listening to.

I too prefer women vocalists, but then Joan Jett or Nena could sing me the phone book. For me it's that women seem to have a broader vocal range in music these days than men; I swear out side of metal all men sound like eunuchs, no baritones or bass.

I can appreciate all music. I went to a taylor swift concert. It was mostly for the girls I was with, but it wasn't a terrible experience. And there were a LOT of guys there. Many of them I believe were actual fans.

All that to say, no you are not that strange. Like what you like, and no need to be ashamed!

And being a musician, I think it's good to not lock yourself down too much and only get your influence from one river. Some of the best musicians have mixed quite varied influences to produce something that feels new.

Thanks for the responses, good to hear some other perspectives on this. Taylor Swift, ok, THAT is the cut off for me! lol I wouldn't judge others for listening to her but I can't stomach Taylor Swift. I feel she only gained fame after the whole "Kanye incident". But yeah, I do like a lot of other female singers.

Thanks for the responses, good to hear some other perspectives on this. Taylor Swift, ok, THAT is the cut off for me! lol I wouldn't judge others for listening to her but I can't stomach Taylor Swift. I feel she only gained fame after the whole "Kanye incident". But yeah, I do like a lot of other female singers.

What is a Kanye? And what kind of incident did Taylor have w/ it? I was listening to Taylor Swift when she was still singing about Teardrops on her guitar. This new stuff she sings, while not bad, really ain't all that

• 2 weeks later...

Archived