Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Room accent colours

Seraphim

I am looking into colors myself now. I have light tiles on the floors and some light brown walls. Most of the walls are off white though. I am planning on buying some pillows and throws in mustard yellow and petrol blue. The throws probably in 1 color, the pillows a mix of yellow, blue and brown/beige. I also want to buy a chair in mustard yellow. Then I may buy a carpet as well a little darker than the tiles. Not sure yet whether I want a carpet with a pattern or not. It can get too “busy” quickly. Not sure whether these are the newest accent colors, but it’s what I like. I love to look through books and magazines about decorating homes, but I am not that creative myself.

Just go with what your own tastes are and what you can live with and be happiest with the longest... in my living room my sofa is a long blue grey and my tall side chairs are orange-ish a muted color with silver grey pillows on each and silver/grey pillows and muted orange pillows on my sofa set and my furniture is all silver, chrome and glass or white. In my bedroom it is all white and blue, main bathroom is white and lilac ... all a mix of colors but I like each room so works for me.

Archived