Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Boring...I need ideas!!

brilyn027

I am renting out an apartment right now and my walls are white and depressing. I have nothing on them. Residents are not allowed to put nails in walls or stick anything on the walls that could damage them or take off the paint(most of it is flat paint). I already know about the command hooks but is that really all a renter could use to put up decor? Is there anything like temporary wall decals that wouldn't harm the flat paint on the walls? Like easily removable or washes off(like maybe a temporary tattoo does)? I just have to do something with the walls. The plain, boring, dull white paint is making me lose it a little but and I want my place to feel like a home rather than a mental hospital(not being sarcastic, as I was at one before and the walls were exactly like this). Any suggestions or ideas would be great! Thanks in advance!

Hi, I don't know if this is your style, but I cut out large circles from colorful pages from magazines, and scotch taped these circles in a random way onto an area of the wall. It looks good! I wouldn't do a whole room this way but it's definitely better than all white paint.

In another area, I cut out every picture of blue sky that I could find in any magazines or old picture books that I had, and made a collage out of that and taped it to the wall.

There are some other lightweight wall ornaments that can be taped onto the wall if necessary, like those cloth "scrolls" you see in Asian souvenir shops. I think you'll find some artistic things that you can do without picture frames. Good luck!

Checkout Fathead wall decals. They're known for sports stuff, but they have other stuff too.

I'd check with customer support to make sure that they peel off the wall easily. (I'm pretty sure they do but I can't make you any promises)

Hi, I don't know if this is your style, but I cut out large circles from colorful pages from magazines, and scotch taped these circles in a random way onto an area of the wall. It looks good! I wouldn't do a whole room this way but it's definitely better than all white paint.

In another area, I cut out every picture of blue sky that I could find in any magazines or old picture books that I had, and made a collage out of that and taped it to the wall.

There are some other lightweight wall ornaments that can be taped onto the wall if necessary, like those cloth "scrolls" you see in Asian souvenir shops. I think you'll find some artistic things that you can do without picture frames. Good luck!

I like your magazine idea. I'd just recommend some of that 3M tape that's designed to pull off instead of scotch tape. I've had scotch tape effect paint before.

I've used these guys in the past. They're giant decals- totally repositionable- comes off the wall with no residue. And they looked really cool- people always commented on them. I picked out photos of my cities skyline and some mountain ranges close to my place. Great quality.

Google them though if you're going to order from there...they often have groupons or coupon codes.

Learn to be all that you are, and accept with good grace all that you are not.

I've used these guys in the past. They're giant decals- totally repositionable- comes off the wall with no residue. And they looked really cool- people always commented on them. I picked out photos of my cities skyline and some mountain ranges close to my place. Great quality.

Google them though if you're going to order from there...they often have groupons or coupon codes.

Thanks for this link.

I have a wall that can do with one of these as well.

Love this one.

Description: Through the eyes of a cat we learn to see the extraordinary. This painting 'Cat Power', of a gathering of big cats including a lion,lynx,ocelot,margay,tiger,leopard,and courar, all gathered together, is from the' Spirit Of The Wild' collection of wildlife art by Carol Cavalaris.

Glad that helped It's tough when you can't hang art...but I can understand why a landlord wouldn't want tenants putting holes in walls either- some people take it being normal wear and tear.

You could also purchase large mirrors with thick frames and rest them against the walls...

And they make clock decals too- they can be peeled off when you move. I had a large clock decal in my last place (although I put a huge wood frame around mine that you wouldn't be allowed to do)...it was fun.

Archived