Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Music Opinions

Calix

Sorry if I put this in the wrong category.

Anyway, I was wondering, in your honest opinion can somebody be a "good"(good is subjective, because what is considered good to you, may not be good to someone else) guitarist if they're not a shredder or if they simply just prefer playing the rhythm parts over soloing? Does that mean(in your opinion) they are not good, or good enough? What do you think?

Metal guitarists playing in a "shred" style typically use the electric guitar with a guitar amplifier and electronic effects such as distortion, which create a more sustained guitar tone. The term is sometimes used with reference to playing outside this idiom.

I love heavy metal but I love to hear a tune more than just "shred". It is determined by what the guitarist feel is most important, but if it is a well know tune one expect to hear the complete song with the shredder part.

I would say stay away from songs with shredder parts if one do not prefer to play them for many would want to hear that part as well, it will create issues with many, for many only know a song by those parts.

Archived