Landscape/animal photos

dias

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awesome photos Victoria.I am sure you couldn't resist jumping into water

Hahah we were on a lunch cruise on the river. The river at that part has a very fast current. It is very cold as well. But the folks who live there I am sure swim closer to shore.

One in the middle and one on the right . The third one on the left?(I am talking about the islands(?) in the background).

Spot on - (no islands). I didn't realise that in my photo you can just make out Mt Edgecombe in the background (a little peak that almost looks like a cloud) - there are 4 volcancos in this pic

Wow Beautiful and inviting Victoria!

One of my friends was talking about his daughter working at a Resort/Lodge somewhere around Thousand Islands... Exactly what I imagined - I think my next OE with be Canada

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dias - this one is for you -

I can take no credit for this photo - it was from I

This photo is so raw, I can't stop looking at it.. The beautiful Mt is Mount Ngauruhoe which is an active stratovolcano almost in the centre of the North Island of NZ.

This past week our little island has been rocked by a 7.1 mag earthquake, snow storms and now the volcano Mt Ruahepu behind Ngauruhoe is begining to stir (crater lake is heating up and there has been increase gas eruptions ) - I have put photos of Ruapehu in the past ...it's one of my favourite places to destress

by Lisii, on Flickr

Thank you! We are fine.. something kiwis grow up with. Luckily all the earthquakes this year have been in remote areas or offshore.. the volcanic activity is more scary as we are overdue . 😯 ekkkk .. I'm right beside a craterlake...!

I guess no place in the world is safe 😇 😊

• 2 weeks later...
I need to get back into nature!!!! been a month understand you Lisii. I haven't been into nature for 5 months now ,I am totally engrossed in my work unfortunately . I always plan to take a quick excursion on the weekends but something always happens.

Anyway , good month Lisii

Archived