Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

sports lounge, Part 2

happyfrank

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Havent read the sports page since my kids were born. If i were to watch the game on sunday what would i need to know so as not to be an ignoramus at the bar?

Lakers will win because they have beaten better teams compared to the Knicks and the game is in L.A.

Enjoy the game!

• 3 weeks later...
Watching Ronda Rousey get exposed again was hilarious.

My boyfriend's best friend got so rowdy when "Rowdy Ronda" got her @$$ beat that he almost spilled his beer over me when it happened. He was yelling so much. He hates Ronda.

I did NOT anticipate the fight ending THAT quickly, no way. I actually thought Ronda would win because she would go back to her basics: get 'em on the ground and submit ASAP. I thought maybe the last fight humbled her. NOPE. NOPE.

What did you think of Cruz vs. Garbrandt?

Garbrandt won fair and square (he looked in better conditioning than Cruz, by far!) but omg, what a taunting little @$$hole. UGH. I can't wait to see him get beaten by someone else.

Did you see the s__t talking session between the two of them? Garbrandt is such an idiot. I think he's had 15 too many concussions and he wasn't a bright bulb to start with.

I'm at work, operating on about 4 hours of sleep. Totally worth it seeing the UFC event.

My boyfriend's best friend got so rowdy when "Rowdy Ronda" got her @$$ beat that he almost spilled his beer over me when it happened. He was yelling so much. He hates Ronda.

I did NOT anticipate the fight ending THAT quickly, no way. I actually thought Ronda would win because she would go back to her basics: get 'em on the ground and submit ASAP. I thought maybe the last fight humbled her. NOPE. NOPE.

I actually thought Ronda would get mauled. She doesn't like being hit and is a typical frontrunner. She was looking for a way out after the first punch.

Ronda is the most overhyped fighter in mma history. She made her name on beating fighters in a weak division. As soon as the talent came, well..........she got exposed as a one dimensional fighter that hates being hit.

What did you think of Cruz vs. Garbrandt?

Garbrandt won fair and square (he looked in better conditioning than Cruz, by far!) but omg, what a taunting little @$$hole. UGH. I can't wait to see him get beaten by someone else.

Did you see the s__t talking session between the two of them? Garbrandt is such an idiot. I think he's had 15 too many concussions and he wasn't a bright bulb to start with.

I don't see anyone at 135 beating Cody anytime soon. From my understanding, he used to beat down TJ during sparring all the time. He had nothing for him.

Cruz lost because Cody had better boxing technique than him. Cruz moves in and out with his hand and head down. Cody was using real boxing footwork. Cruz' boxing works well against mma styled boxers, but it meant nothing to Cody. I see Cruz getting finished in a rematch.

I had no problem with the trash talking. Both guys are simply trying to make more money in hyping their fight. Cody may be a little dim. But he's rather smart in the cage.

Oh Ronda is not good at striking at all. I just figured she would do what she does best: submission. Nope.

She is really over hyped. Her past opponents were not that great. Although i will say I am thankful for Ronda for bringing more attention to the women's division. I'm going to look forward to watching Nunez fight again. Also, would like to see Cyborg fight too. Could you imagine Nunez vs. Cyborg? I think Cyborg would need to drop some weight though so they'd be in the same class.

Cody's boxing was phenomenal. If I remember correctly, I think Cruz even had a reach advantage. Didn't help him, huh? It's just the taunting that Cody did during that match. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. He may be an excellent fighter and Im sure he'll go far in that regard but I can't lie, kind of excited to see him get taken down a notch. Can you tell I hate uber cocky fighters? Lol.

The trash talking was hilarious between Cruz and Cody. I was laughing my bum off. Listened on my way to the bar. That stuff always cracks me up but this exchange was awesome and yeah, Cody did sound like an idiot. But he really beat Cruz.

I don't feel that Cruz can beat him in a rematch.

You know who I really enjoy seeing? Sage Northcutt. I really like him.

Cyborg can't make 135 tho. Also, she is probably going to be suspended eventually. She did fail a drug test this month. She's a product of steroids.

Guys in the lower divisions have to do things to make themselves standout. Otherwise, they turn into Demetrious Johnson. Beat everyone, but make little in the process.

Sage is not a UFC quality fighter. He needs to go elsewhere to get more experience. I think he could also drop some muscle.

I didn't hear about her failed drug test. That's a darn shame.

I like Demetrious. I also like Jon Jones. He needs to stop getting himself arrested/in trouble for stupid crap though. He's currently suspended but I think that's ending soon.

Sage is very young and I think he needs more experience but overall, I have good hopes for him in the future. Apparently he had a fight recently on Fox Sports but I was busy then and I couldn't see it. (if you know the outcome, go ahead and tell me, it's okay). The one time I've seen him lose (and maybe he lost in his last fight, I don't know, didn't see) was against Barbarena but to be fair, Sage had strep throat and was quite sick. IIRC, he was submitted by some triangle choke rather quickly but he couldn't breathe through his nose and he just started antibiotics.

I definitely want to see him get even better and continue to fight.

Oh Sage lost? Bummer. Oh well, I'm sure I'll see him fight again.

I just did a google search and I read that Cyborg got in trouble for spironolactone. Oh, I know what that is! It's a diuretic drug and it works as an anti-androgen. I was actually considering it in the past when I had a high testosterone level due to my hormonal imbalance. My doctor would have been happy to prescribe it for me. My hormones are actually quite good now so I no longer need it. There are many women with my hormonal problem (PCOS) who take it legitimately and it's all well and good.

If she has a doctor vouch for her and produce a valid prescription record (if it exists), then will she not get suspended? Because it sounds like UFC does let you take spiro but you need to "apply" for the right to take it, probably by seeing one of their own doctors to make sure that you aren't trying any funny business.

If she is using it nefariously, she may have used it to cut weight, as it is a diuretic so she would shed some water weight. Or maybe, as you said, to mask the use of some androgen that she is taking illicitly.

Ronda has said in interviews how she is ready to embrace/explore other facets of herself for opportunity, new career paths etc. I think once a fighter says that to themselves, there is too much to lose, that x factor that gives them the competitive edge is gone.

I am one of those people who likes her, if only for providing another example of what it means to be feminine and physically strong. More and more examples are available in the mainstream media, and i appreciate that each and every time.

If fights happened between, i don't know, inanimate life forms, maybe I would like them. The strength and skills fascinate me. But those are people in there, and I can't get comfortable with it. I feel complicit in a dehumanizing act, even though its free will on their parts. That's a barrier for me.

Oh Sage lost? Bummer. Oh well, I'm sure I'll see him fight again.

I just did a google search and I read that Cyborg got in trouble for spironolactone. Oh, I know what that is! It's a diuretic drug and it works as an anti-androgen. I was actually considering it in the past when I had a high testosterone level due to my hormonal imbalance. My doctor would have been happy to prescribe it for me. My hormones are actually quite good now so I no longer need it. There are many women with my hormonal problem (PCOS) who take it legitimately and it's all well and good.

If she has a doctor vouch for her and produce a valid prescription record (if it exists), then will she not get suspended? Because it sounds like UFC does let you take spiro but you need to "apply" for the right to take it, probably by seeing one of their own doctors to make sure that you aren't trying any funny business.

If she is using it nefariously, she may have used it to cut weight, as it is a diuretic so she would shed some water weight. Or maybe, as you said, to mask the use of some androgen that she is taking illicitly.

She started using it after her last fight. She didn't put it down as a medication she was using prior to the drug test she failed. It is also on the list of banned supplements listed by USADA. She's a fraud.

Later chargers, thanks for the good times back in hs when LT was still there. Other than that, I won't be missing going to losing home games. Hope LA isn't too harsh, since they don't want you either. Coincidently, the drought is over as soon as you are gone. Has SD sports curse finally been lifted? Welp it's been real, see ya byeeeeeeeeeeeEE

• 3 weeks later...

100% agree.

I think he is overrated.

"I don't really think that much of Thurman. Honestly I've never thought that much of Thurman. I think that Danny Garcia is the better fighter, maybe the smaller fighter, but I see Danny winning - in spite of his father.

-Abel Sanchez

Archived