Open Club  ·  35 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Non Christian In Love with a Christian...

notchristian

Hi,

I am a non Christian in love with a Christian man (born again). He rejected me due to the fact that I'm not Christian. I currently started reading into Christianity and I'm intrigued. I am willing to convert. What should I do??

It would be nice to hear from Christians as well....

Thanks

Hi,

I am a non Christian in love with a Christian man (born again). He rejected me due to the fact that I'm not Christian. I currently started reading into Christianity and I'm intrigued. I am willing to convert. What should I do??

Thanks

Many Christians seek a partner who shares their faith. It just makes sense, especially when the kids come in the picture and helps in life if the person closest to you - your husband/wife shares similar philosophy. I don't think the word REJECTED is really the term - maybe more so dated and then chose to not continue if he is really looking for his future wife rather than "just wants to date" and you are too dissimilar. My family is Christian - two different denominations for the most part but all the same background.

I would explore Christianity on your own. If you are intrigued, start attending church services and join a Bible study group so that you might learn more on your own. You may or may not get this guy back - but you will be enriching yourself by learning. You may happen to reconnect with him - or meet someone who is even more suited as well.

Also - how far along was the relationship when you broke up?

Hi,

Thanks

Don't convert for someone, especially not someone you're trying to win back. Convert because you believe it to be true.

If he all of a sudden got married and was off the market, would you still be intrigued and pursue this religion? If you do this solely to win him over, he may see it as a phony ruse. Do it for yourself if you feel like it, but I'd let the thought of being with him go. Your future bf will want you just as you are, as the person you are at that very moment.

Archived