Open Club  ·  102 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

video game lounge, Part 2

happyfrank

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Omg! I'd cry. I just got Sanctuary established with basic things. I'm starting to build it up a bit. I have noticed that if you try to skip dialogue, sometimes the subtitles will get stuck on one line of text even if the character keeps talking. Kind of annoying. This happens especially with Preston.

^ Omg! I'd cry. I just got Sanctuary established with basic things. I'm starting to build it up a bit. I have noticed that if you try to skip dialogue, sometimes the subtitles will get stuck on one line of text even if the character keeps talking. Kind of annoying. This happens especially with Preston.

Just restart game. It doesn't remove saved stuff lol.

I just keep upgrading the first pistol you get. It's the best weapon I've received so far. I think I'm level 6 or 7? I've got Sanctuary built up a little. I don't use the Power Armor at all. I wish there was a way to carry it with you without using it, for those "just in case" moments. Does anyone use it? I've left it at the Red Rocket Station.

I just keep upgrading the first pistol you get. It's the best weapon I've received so far. I think I'm level 6 or 7? I've got Sanctuary built up a little. I don't use the Power Armor at all. I wish there was a way to carry it with you without using it, for those "just in case" moments. Does anyone use it? I've left it at the Red Rocket Station.

When you get it in that one town, I fought the deathclaw for so long it ran out of power. I decided it seemed like a hassle and just left it there. My character now has a metal chest plate and metal arm and leg armor over the vault suit. She has a gas mask right now but I'd like a better helmet.

Yes, I ran out of bullets for the Deathclaw when it had just below a quarter health left. I ran around, dodging its swipes, til Preston killed it for me. Then I went back to the truck station and left it there. Hoping they will come up with a patch that will allow you to maybe disassemble its parts to carry it with you or something similar. I know it'll likely come in handy to have at some point, and it'll probably be handy to upgrade it... but I just think it gets in my way currently.

Yes, I ran out of bullets for the Deathclaw when it had just below a quarter health left. I ran around, dodging its swipes, til Preston killed it for me. Then I went back to the truck station and left it there. Hoping they will come up with a patch that will allow you to maybe disassemble its parts to carry it with you or something similar. I know it'll likely come in handy to have at some point, and it'll probably be handy to upgrade it... but I just think it gets in my way currently.

I read you can patch together parts from different power armor models at least.

I really should work on Sanctuary. Is the idea to just scrap materials that are already there in sanctuary and use them to build structures etc? I built a shack with a bed in Oberland Station for me, but I'm not really familiar with the workshop system yet. Last night I finally cleared out the assembly plant. That place was packed. I should start bringing a companion along sometimes in addition to the dog.

I read you can patch together parts from different power armor models at least.

I really should work on Sanctuary. Is the idea to just scrap materials that are already there in sanctuary and use them to build structures etc? I built a shack with a bed in Oberland Station for me, but I'm not really familiar with the workshop system yet. Last night I finally cleared out the assembly plant. That place was packed. I should start bringing a companion along sometimes in addition to the dog.

Most of the houses in Sanctuary are still usable. I scrapped the bedframes for wood and replaced them with new ones for the settlers. I kept the main character's (yours and mine) old home as my own and sleep there if I need to recover HP or want the Well Rested bonus. There are enough houses at first to where you don't really need to build any new houses at all. There are a few ruined houses that you can scrap for materials. I also went around and scrapped all the fallen trees. There's a lot of tires you can scrap, too. I disregarded the first 3 houses or so coming into the town and set up defenses along the path there: 2 outposts, a turret, and later a flame-gun and shock-trap (although these need wires run to them to power them). I also placed two searchlights next to the outposts, but these also need power and I haven't placed a generator there. No copper.

I think Sanctuary is the game's first place it gives you to play around with building and such, but in reality I think it's one of the more difficult areas because it's fairly large and things are spread out. I wanted purified water to its settlers, so I put the purified water thing in the creek, but I had stupidly placed the power generator way far away and it took 4 posts to run wire to each other. Which takes a lot of copper, which is harder to come by. I could have moved the generator, but ya know, I was already committed, lol.

The assembly plant was ridiculous. It took me over an hour... I'm a looter and look at everything... and for some reason I couldn't figure out how to get to one level of the building. It legit took me a good half an hour to figure out that there was an elevator and I could use that to get to where I needed to go. This Fallout is a lot more difficult than the others in terms of trying to figure out what you're supposed to do, and the map and instructions being very vague.

I play solo. I'm always a stealthy player, and every companion alerts enemies regardless of their stats.

I'm at level 13 and got burnt out after playing consistently for 2 days. Took a couple day break. But I will likely pick it up again for a little while tonight. I find myself shying away from the main questline and doing a bunch of the Miscellaneous quests. Has anyone else thought that this game (even if set on Easy mode) is much more difficult than the others?

Jealous!!! Where'd you get it? Looks like a Loot Crate thing...?

I got it from Bethesda store

I'm at level sixteen with 20 hours playtime. I'm doing a lot of the misc quests too. This game does seem to be more difficult than 3. I never have much money and spend most of my cash on stimpacks and radaway.

I seem to spend most of mine on ammo, believe it or not. But I can see spending some on Radaway soon. Radiation seems to play heavier in this game than the others, unfortunately. I've found that it's pretty beneficial to use the cooking craft station to cook food, because once you do, it eliminates the rads from it. But there is a perk on your Power Armor you can put on that eliminates all rads from food and drink regardless if it's cooked or not. Don't think I'll go that far to use it, but I did notice it as an option.

Archived