Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What's the last thing you ate? Part 8

easyguy

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our next trip is Italy but not sure if it will be fall 2016 or spring 2017.

He was a vintner a while back, so we will probably tour some of the wineries southern region. He has been before, so we will likely head to the southern area.

Brunch:

glass of water

2 eggs, over easy, cooked in butter

7 chicken vienna sausages

approx. 30 grapes, some of which fell into the snow while I was trudging to work, but they tasted the better for having been frosted a bit.

After work snack, most of which I bought at my weekend/evening job at a home repair store:

6 oz. Dr. Pepper

2 oz. (small bag) regular Lay's potato chips

1/2 of a Hershey bar with almonds (I had 3/4 oz. or 20 g.)

2 oz. Jello chocolate pudding

1 Bartlett pear, perfectly ripe--yum! My favorite thing all day.

But cooking in the oven right now is a 4.5 lb. beef brisket with Jack Daniels flavored BBQ sauce. It'll be tomorrow's feast, with sides of scalloped potatoes and fresh steamed green beans.

Perfect Blizzard fare!

Can you say "Outback"?

My favorite!

Youareworthy

You got it haha. Hadn't been there in years, but I took the folks and my sister out as my Christmas present. I'm not a great gift buyer so I have to get them gift cards.

It was a thick steak, right up my alley.

You got it haha. Hadn't been there in years, but I took the folks and my sister out as my Christmas present. I'm not a great gift buyer so I have to get them gift cards.

It was a thick steak, right up my alley.

Now I'm really hungry!

A gift card to Outback is one of the finest presents in the world. It is what my best friend gave me for Christmas. I love that woman!

Gift cards mean that the person you love gets to pick exactly what he or she wants, with no returns or disappointment! I think they are the bomb!

Youareworthy

Now I'm really hungry!

A gift card to Outback is one of the finest presents in the world. It is what my best friend gave me for Christmas. I love that woman!

Gift cards mean that the person you love gets to pick exactly what he or she wants, with no returns or disappointment! I think they are the bomb!

Youareworthy

It was pretty good!

Had a bowl of Kashi whole grain honey oat cereal with milk. This was about an hour after dinner but I was still hungry.

Hi imsuperman

I have come to the conclusion reading this thread that you are ALWAYS hungry.

That, coupled with your screen name and your avatar, lead me to conclude that you are about 15 to 20 years younger than your posted age. (Just kidding!)

I am a children's librarian by training. There is a famous series of books called The Little House Books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. In 7 out of the 8 books, she describes how her parents, 3 sisters and she kept moving further and further west during the US's great period of Westward Expansion. But one of her books is not about her family; instead, it is about a year in the life of her husband Almanzo Wilder. In the book, Farmer Boy, Almanzo had just turned 9. He lives on a farm in upstate new York with his parents, brother, and 2 sisters. He is obsessed with horses, and is a smart young fellow. As do his parents and siblings, he works for hours on the family farm each day. All this hard work makes him famished, naturally! Laura spends pages and pages and pages of this book describing what Almanzo is eating for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. The book makes its readers ravenous! Even the professional reviews of the book include multiple references to how much food young Almanzo takes in each day.

Reading this thread makes me think you are 9 year-old Almanzo!

Youareworthy

PS Two English muffins with butter

Hi imsuperman

I have come to the conclusion reading this thread that you are ALWAYS hungry.

That, coupled with your screen name and your avatar, lead me to conclude that you are about 15 to 20 years younger than your posted age. (Just kidding!)

I am a children's librarian by training. There is a famous series of books called The Little House Books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. In 7 out of the 8 books, she describes how her parents, 3 sisters and she kept moving further and further west during the US's great period of Westward Expansion. But one of her books is not about her family; instead, it is about a year in the life of her husband Almanzo Wilder. In the book, Farmer Boy, Almanzo had just turned 9. He lives on a farm in upstate new York with his parents, brother, and 2 sisters. He is obsessed with horses, and is a smart young fellow. As do his parents and siblings, he works for hours on the family farm each day. All this hard work makes him famished, naturally! Laura spends pages and pages and pages of this book describing what Almanzo is eating for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. The book makes its readers ravenous! Even the professional reviews of the book include multiple references to how much food young Almanzo takes in each day.

Reading this thread makes me think you are 9 year-old Almanzo!

Youareworthy

PS Two English muffins with butter

Lol................ well he always workout giving him a healthy appetite!

A cup of coffee.

I am always hungry. Yesterday morning I woke at 4:45 am and had a splitting headache. I realized I didn't eat before bed the night before.

Dinner was cheesy chicken and rice (whole chicken breast) with a blueberry bagel with fat free spray butter on it.

I'll maybe post another full day of eating in my journal today for fun.

Archived