Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What are you listening to? Part 13

pinballwizard

On 9/4/2024 at 4:12 AM, Batya33 said:

I saw them in concert -standing room only -around 1983.  Someone burned my arm with their cigarette. the guy with the amazing eyes looked right at me. I was 16 or 17.

That's awesome!  I would have loved to have seen them with the original lineup.  Along with Flock of Seagulls and the Cars. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BeaTlesFan77 said:

That's awesome!  I would have loved to have seen them with the original lineup.  Along with Flock of Seagulls and the Cars. 

Me too!! Loved both especially the Cars.  

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, BeaTlesFan77 said:

This song brings back so many great memories of times spent with my parents doing fun things.  Such as taking me to the mall and record stores. I would always be hearing it on the radio. 

Forgive my ignorance, but as many times as I've probably heard that song played in stores or movies, I don't think I've ever connected the song with the group. A bit before my time and not something I would have sought out on my own.

Although I feel stupid. Of course the Cars would have a song called Drive. It's synergy and staying on brand. 😁

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ShySoul said:

Forgive my ignorance, but as many times as I've probably heard that song played in stores or movies, I don't think I've ever connected the song with the group. A bit before my time and not something I would have sought out on my own.

Although I feel stupid. Of course the Cars would have a song called Drive. It's synergy and staying on brand. 😁

Honestly the same! It's not a typical Cars song.

11 hours ago, yogacat said:

Thank you yogacat. Gave me a break from camping out at my mailbox waiting for my pre-ordered autographed copy of the new album. Though I don't think even she will get me to enjoy tattoos. 

Just saw your Ms Swift make a nice statement. What can I say? I tend to like childless cat ladies. 😀

• Like 1