Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What are you listening to? Part 13

pinballwizard

10 hours ago, yogacat said:

By the city of lights. What an amazing way to kick off the #Olympics.🔦🎇

th-300×186-.png

Usually not into theatrics, but thought it was clever and unique how they incorporated the entire city as the stage. 

Good luck trying to top that in four year LA.

54 minutes ago, ShySoul said:

Usually not into theatrics, but thought it was clever and unique how they incorporated the entire city as the stage. 

Good luck trying to top that in four year LA.

Shy, I'm not able to open the link to listen! 😞

4 minutes ago, rainbowsandroses said:

Shy, I'm not able to open to link to listen! 😞

Which song? 

My response to yoga was for a picture, nothing to play. Olympic theme should be back a few posts. Nothing from the actual ceremony.

2 minutes ago, rainbowsandroses said:

Oh ok didn't realize it was just a pic...

Sure you have more important things on your mind. Enjoy the trip.

I take requests if you need any other packing music. 😉

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, yogacat said:

Then I take it you don't like theatres? Fireworks? Ever see a butterfly garden?

Not as into the extra showy or flower additions to things. Like with a concert, I'm there for the singer and the songs. I don't need a crew of backup dancers, a dozen costume changes, and pyro. No problem with it, just not needed.

Actually love theatres and going to plays. Even was in drama club back in high school.

Fireworks invoke feelings of being startled by the constant booming around July 4th (three plus hours straight!). Otherwise, pretty to look at, at first. Then feels like I've seen it.

Butterfly gardens, and nature in general, are great. Spotted a couple butterflies in our community lately. Been trying to appreciate the beauty around me more.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ShySoul said:

Polka anyone? 

Yogacat, at least watch the last minute. Think you might like it.

Taylor and Billie cartoon. 😂 Oh yes, I will have to watch!! 🥰

Inspired by a conversation with @mylolita, Also just excitied by winning an ebay auction for a rare item from my favorite singer and want to listen to her. 😁

I thought if I could touch this place or feel it
This brokenness inside me might start healing
Out here, it's like I'm someone else
I thought that maybe I could find myself

7 hours ago, ShySoul said:

Maybe there would be a lot less problems and lonely people if more realized its okay to not be single but be dating yourself?

I think most people with rare exception know it's fine to be single, married, dating, in a relationship, dog owner, whatever -with exceptions being young people who have overbearing strict parents who are typically in a religious community where it's presumed you marry by a certain age - I don't think most people are sheep whether they are on SM or not, most people think with their heads and heart and know to seek out pleasure and avoid pain generally speaking so if it's more pleasurable to be on their own or on their own at a particular time -they do it.

We have one child - there are those who "say" this is not ok.  It's not fair to him.  There are those who say it's not okay to raise a child outside of suburbia where he can play in a backyard and be in team sports with the other kids on the block.  P

eople say lots of stuff and often loudly.  There are those who say it's not okay to be proud of having worked for many years in a corporate environment with no "work-life" balance (which really wasn't a thing when i started in the early 90s and I never had time to date myself even when I was single LOL).  And there are many who say those who give up on breast feeding their baby and opting for formula might as well feed their baby Diet Coke.  Part of being a reasonably strong individual is to follow your own north star (if I could listen to Dreaming Road or Taking the Long Way Around right now I would but my family is asleep) and to take in what it seems is "not okay" -seems -with a huge grain of salt each and every time. Otherwise one's life is wherever the social media wind blows.  No fun.

It's ok to be single and not want to "date yourself" because maybe it feels forced to plan a solo activity (I did so -planned -many many times -I enjoyed it).  It's ok to consider yourself single even when you're dating someone because to you you are single till you're engaged or married.  

I do think people who pressure themselves in any way where there are detrimental effects- meaning too much pressure - sometimes need help coming to that a ha moment of when it's ok to ease up.  But very often that has to come from the inside and if not not from some poof realization but from experiencing the "thing" that seemed unattainable or scary.  

For sure it's easier to be a married couple in the environments I've lived in my whole life.  I think most people though are far more concerned for themselves than what is "ok" from some vague social media or societal perspective. 

19 hours ago, ShySoul said:

Maybe there would be a lot less problems and lonely people if more realized its okay to not be single but be dating yourself?

I guess you could say it's living your best life with your main squeeze...yourself! *inserts sunglasses emoji*🫠

PS. I may be behind on new tunes, so I won't subject you to another Taylor Swift album. 😅