Open Club  ·  98 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What are you listening to? Part 13

pinballwizard

21 hours ago, ShySoul said:

This one -wasn't my very favorite but for sure. My sister made so much fun of me because around the time of the cars was Newman's song "Cars" and I thought it was all one and the same lol.  

I also LOVED Meatloaf.

3 hours ago, Batya33 said:

This one -wasn't my very favorite but for sure. My sister made so much fun of me because around the time of the cars was Newman's song "Cars" and I thought it was all one and the same lol.  

I also LOVED Meatloaf.

The group was before my time. I was one when that song came out. Lol. Only reason I know it was cause my 80s pop expert friend thought of me when she heard it so played it for me. After seeing the video, not sure if I should be flattered or confused.

Wait, that was video of the year at the first MTV video awards? Music videos have come along way...

Ok, so we know what food you like, but this is a music thread. Oh, you mean... Never mind. 😋

9 hours ago, ShySoul said:

The group was before my time. I was one when that song came out. Lol. Only reason I know it was cause my 80s pop expert friend thought of me when she heard it so played it for me. After seeing the video, not sure if I should be flattered or confused.

Wait, that was video of the year at the first MTV video awards? Music videos have come along way...

Ok, so we know what food you like, but this is a music thread. Oh, you mean... Never mind. 😋

LOL I don't like meatloaf.  Unfortunately in my area we had no MTV -no cable -my friends in the burbs did but I rarely got to see it.  I saw Meatloaf in concert in the 90s.  Amazing.

11 hours ago, Batya33 said:

LOL I don't like meatloaf.

I love meatloaf. Especially sweet-n-sour. 🤩 J/K

I agree. Only liked one tune by them.

I would do anything for love. But I WON'TTTT do THAT! 🫠

12 minutes ago, yogacat said:

I didn't love that one.  Loved Paradise by the Dashboard light -didn't love the later stuff as much.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yogacat said:

Only like one song as well. Ok, I only know one song. There are some holes in my musical knowledge. Will have to do my homework.

Yoga, I respect that you won't do that. I just have no idea what that is. Do you care to elaborate? Or to you prefer to remain a mystery? 😉

And now I feel hungry for meatloaf.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ShySoul said:

Only like one song as well. Ok, I only know one song. There are some holes in my musical knowledge. Will have to do my homework.

Yoga, I respect that you won't do that. I just have no idea what that is. Do you care to elaborate? Or to you prefer to remain a mystery? 😉

And now I feel hungry for meatloaf.

Well, you know what they say. I may not know much about meatloaf, or what THAT is....but I do know a thing or two about making a spicy meatball 😉😆

Don't worry about those holes in your musical knowledge you're still rocking with that one song!  As for what "that" is in the song, some say it's never specified and remains a mystery while others believe it refers to cheating or giving up his beliefs.

Ahh, the mystery of meatloaf.

The hubs came back this morning from working away for near a whole week. It’s felt so so long, we all missed him badly.

He took both the girls out, my son who’s recovering from chicken pox didn’t want to go, which was understandable, the little cutie.

I spent the whole day with him, double doors open to the yard, drawing and talking, with this playing out:

Such a sweet, sweet day 🥹 🎵   

Love is all around.

——

You feel it, every day 
Something's in the air, whenever we get it together

Love is all around 
And when you feel it all around

Hey, glad to see you 
You, looking very familiar 
From where I am is where you ought to be 
From where I am is where we need to be 
You feel it, every day 
Picks you up and on your way

Love is all around 

——

x

• Like 1

7 hours ago, yogacat said:

Well, you know what they say. I may not know much about meatloaf, or what THAT is....but I do know a thing or two about making a spicy meatball 😉😆

Just be careful if you sneeze. Don't want to lose that poor meatball.

• Haha 1

Watching the opening ceremony. Here's the theme that will be played over and over for the next two weeks.

And just how many memorable scores has John Williams composed?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ShySoul said:

Watching the opening ceremony. Here's the theme that will be played over and over for the next two weeks.

And just how many memorable scores has John Williams composed?

By the city of lights. What an amazing way to kick off the #Olympics.🔦🎇

th-300×186-.png

• Like 1