Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What are you listening to? Part 13

pinballwizard

15 hours ago, ShySoul said:

The #1 song on this date 40 years ago. Sending this out to my brother the Prince fan (even though he'll probably never know I did it).

I saw the movie around then.  

2 hours ago, Batya33 said:

I saw the movie around then.

Don't think one year old me was eager to see it. I had Muppet Babies to watch afterall. 😉

For that matter, my brother was still too young for an R rated film. I'll have to check when he actually saw it.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, ShySoul said:

Don't think one year old me was eager to see it. I had Muppet Babies to watch afterall. 😉

For that matter, my brother was still too young for an R rated film. I'll have to check when you actually saw it.

I saw it right after it was released in June 1984. And I remember which theater.  I was almost 18.  I saw it with my boyfriend and I think that was the movie where he made me get up and dance lol.   My first r-rated movie in the theater was Saturday Night Fever.  I was 11.  My first date was to a double feature movie including Animal House in 1978 or 1979.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

I saw it right after it was released in June 1984. And I remember which theater.  I was almost 18.  I saw it with my boyfriend and I think that was the movie where he made me get up and dance lol.   My first r-rated movie in the theater was Saturday Night Fever.  I was 11.  My first date was to a double feature movie including Animal House in 1978 or 1979.  

Did you ever want to be "a maniac on the floor"?  😆

Just now, BeaTlesFan77 said:

Did you ever want to be "a maniac on the floor"?  😆

lol no. Because I was although I admit I’m not remembering that phrase. From my teen years into my 20s I danced and went to the hottest clubs and I didn’t get drunk or do drugs - just had so much fun. My older sister went to studio 54 once but I wasn’t old enough when it was in its hey day 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

lol no. Because I was although I admit I’m not remembering that phrase. From my teen years into my 20s I danced and went to the hottest clubs and I didn’t get drunk or do drugs - just had so much fun. My older sister went to studio 54 once but I wasn’t old enough when it was in its hey day 

You must remember the movie Flashdance from 1983?  That was the hit song along with What a Feeling. 

2 hours ago, BeaTlesFan77 said:

You must remember the movie Flashdance from 1983?  That was the hit song along with What a Feeling. 

Yes not that line.  I saw the movie and also saw Footloose and all the brat pack movies in the theater.  I danced to mostly new wave/80s pop and later 90s new wave/rap/pop.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, yogacat said:

Can't forget this gem....

The whole album is great!  It would be nice to find a vinyl or CD copy of it. Same with the first album with getting a physical copy of it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ShySoul said:

In a fun mood, so I'll stick with my Muppets theme. 

I'll always love Gonzo. They are an icon for all non-conforming weirdo whatevers out there.

Well, you know what they say... It ain't easy being green. 

I loved Beaker.

Poor beaker...🥺

He had so many 'feelings' but was reduced to a few babbling  “mee-mee-mee-meeps” 🤯😂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, yogacat said:

I loved Beaker.

Poor beaker...🥺

He had so many 'feelings' but was reduced to a few babbling  “mee-mee-mee-meeps” 🤯😂

Beaker is my friends favorite. 

If we count Seasame Street characters, I have to add in lovable furry Grover. 

• Like 2