Open Club  ·  102 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Workout thread

happyfrank

I have a 6 pack in the morning before I eat anything lol. I took some shirtless selfies (one of which is on Tinder - yeah, I'm that guy, but only on Tinder ). I'm tempted to post one as my profile pic, for a super limited time.

I want to get more cut, it's so hard though! You can't eat anything!!!

I also have visible abs before breakfast lol.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

back and abs...30 mins stair stepper was the way i ended it

wide grip bent over LAT

barbell rows

single arm dumbbell rows

reverse grip lat pull down

close grip seated cable rows

prone dumbbell bench rows

wide grip lat pulll down

straight bar cable pull down

standing low cable row

abs-

• 2 weeks later...
do any of you guys take supplements?

I don't know if this is off topic for the thread....

yesterday was my off day..so I did 45 mins of stair machine and weighted abs...

today will be arms...

I take:

Whey protein shake 1-2 times a day (always with flavorless creatine if it's post-workout.)

I've been for some time using an intra-workout that contains BCAAs to sip during my workout. It's not totally necessary, but it helps me change it up and get some flavor during my workout because I already drink a gallon of water each day.

Every few months I buy a nighttime supplement to maintain optimal hormone levels and improve recovery. Least necessary of all but it's ok to do now and then. They contain 30 servings and you do it five days a week (5 on, 2 off.)

The only supplements I really do consistently are whey protein (post workout) and BCAAs (although I don't do the BCAA's as often). Have tried creatine in the past, and it bloated me, so stopped using it. Not opposed to trying it again, though.

I'm not trying to put on any size. I'm about 175lbs, 5'8.5" and maybe around 12ish% body fat. Don't want to get any bigger.

The only supplements I really do consistently are whey protein (post workout) and BCAAs (although I don't do the BCAA's as often). Have tried creatine in the past, and it bloated me, so stopped using it. Not opposed to trying it again, though.

I'm not trying to put on any size. I'm about 175lbs, 5'8.5" and maybe around 12ish% body fat. Don't want to get any bigger.

It might just be me, but the only time I've ever had an issue with bloating on creatine was when I bought store-bought stuff like eight years ago. It was terrible quality and made me feel like crap. Once I started buying legit flavorless stuff, I had no problems. The good thing is it's dirt cheap. 5g per day is one serving and you can get 200 servings shipped for like twenty bucks. I do notice a difference but some don't.

Yeah I mean, I actually am pretty big for my height, but I don't want to be that much bigger because I don't have the frame for it. I am working on my shoulders more, and I definitely have that V look (both shoulders/hips and also lower abs area from obliques I guess), but can't get too huge or else I'll look funny 8)

One of my buddies is like 5'4" but he's like almost 200 lbs...I think he looks ridiculous, but whatever he seems to be happy enjoy it!

^ You must have good mass John John. I wish I had equal proportions at my height, then I might actually look strong.

My goal was to lose some weigh and Im 180lbs going to 175 hopefully for 5,11+.

I took those proteine supplements years ago and got a bit too overweight (Never been fat Just slightly overweight)

Yeah you have to get the more pure ones with either no or like one gram of sugar or you'll just get the kind of weight you don't want.

45 minutes of three on three basketball this afternoon. Four total games to eight by ones and twos.

Tonight was legs and abs

Abdominal machine 3X20 at 120 lbs

Incline plate-loaded leg press 4X10 at 440

Dumbbell deadlifts 3X10 total 100 lbs

Leg extension 5X10 at 40 lbs (light weight becuase my knees are already shot as it is)

Roman chair leg raises 5X10 (straight-legged, body weight)

Toe presses on the regular leg press 5X10 at 250, hold for 3-count each rep

Prone leg curl 4X10 at 90, cool down set of 10 at 70.

Arms and abs.

Tricep pushdowns on the cable with the triangle handle

Seated Incline Curls

Roman chair straight leg raises

Tricep pushdown machine

Bicep curl machine

Didn't know it was National Ab day or something, so had to do more Roman chair straight leg raises due to other stations being ocupado

Single arm tricep pushdowns on the cables

Single arm dumbbell preacher curls

Finally scored the ab machine

Archived