Open Club  ·  102 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Workout thread

happyfrank

Yeah patience is key. that was one of my big issues. But now im starting to see some good results and I am pretty pump. My confidence level is way high. It really helps too since I just broke up with my ex not too long ago.

I will be buying another mountain bike and that will be my cardio for summer/spring/fall... winter idk what i am going to do. I hate cardio to be honest lol.

don't be afraid of bigger weights lol

just youtube all the exercises . modify them too. what i just posted, i don't always use. i change it up a lot of times too.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shoulders and arms

Neutral grip shoulder press machine 4 sets, start of heavy for 8 reps, 10 lbs lighter for 10 reps, 10 lighter for 12 reps, then de-load 20 lighter for 15 reps.

Standing dumbbell lateral raises 4 X 8

Standing front dumbbell raises (single arm) 4 X 8 each arm

Tricep one arm pushdowns on cables Warmup set on each arm for 1 X 10, add 5 lbs and do 3 X 8

Single arm dumbbell preacher curls 3 X 8 heavy on each arm, deload five pounds for 1 X 10

Tricep pushdowns with V handle on cable 4 X 10

Incline dumbell curls (both arms at same time) 4 X 8

agility dots, crossover lunges, windshield wipers, skisquats, pilates teasers, lateral jumps, squat jacks,

then separately ten variations of squats, en reps each.

will probably need to add something later. still plenty of pizzaz left.

Arms

Cross-body Hammer Curl – 3 sets, 10 reps

Seated Concentration Curl – 3 sets, 10 reps

Cable Curl – 3 sets, 10 reps

Dumbbell Curl – 3 sets, 10 reps

Rope Pressdown – 3 sets, 10 reps

Skull Crusher – 4 sets, 10-12 reps

1 Arm Overhead Extension – 2 sets, 15 reps

Close-grip Pushup – 1 set, 30-40 reps

Plate Curls - 3 sets, 10 reps

trying some new supplements starting today..

• 2 weeks later...
i'm challenged trying to work out in a small apartment with pooch in the way. i should've increased my weights sooner- that way maybe i'd have been able to use him for weights by now and solve the issue with him hogging the mat.

Get a little dog kennel.

3 mile run

pull ups

200 situps

6 minute plank

i can't frank, them puppy eyes.... he's old and super-attached too. just keeping him comfortable.

i ended up bribing him out of the room and then putting a chair between the door posts.

i still haven't done today's workout. so wiped out.

am: reverse lunge close rows (alternating), squats + OH presses, curtsy lunge curls,swings + overhead tricep extensions, forward lunges & reverse leg lifts + tricep kickbacks, deadlifts, side lunge ventral raises,calf + lateral raises ,flies+ bentover ventral raises,

chest press + bridges,toe touch + leg drops, russian twists + kicks (these are so cool), recline situps + incline presses (even cooler),pullover + chest fly bridges,push ups + rows + extensions (such boring. very dread. much hate. why am i talking like this????), jump squats, reverse flies, pushups

pm: 3 sets of deadlifts, leg raises, side lunges, inside leg raises, squats, calf raises (pretty sure these are pointless), alternating jumping lunges and two minute frickin plank that i think was a near death experience but now i'm fairly certain i could do the whole list again, several times

so hyped

• 2 weeks later...

how do you protect your elbows during long planks? i'm starting to get scabs on mine. i tried extra layers over the mat, and it's not helping, plus they slip from underneath me. thought about bandaging them but worried there will just be more friction and more skin abrasions. i'm out of ideas.

Have you tried planking on your hands instead of your elbows?

Also, my pilates instructor has these things that she calls "stickies." They are actually rubber shelf-liners. They keep you from sliding on the reformer. Maybe they will work for you:

Great one ive just started is Shortcut to shred by jim stoppani, there's an app for it, I skip the cardio stuff and just do a run a couple times a week, but I'm only on week 2 and my body has changed nicely already so I recommend it. as it's six days a week it's intense but I've found having more rest days if you're really tired doesn't affect the outcome anyway, even if you just manage four days that week the routine is great

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Deadlifts, Curtsy Lunge Squats, Gliding Jump Squats, Squats, Reverse Lunges + Pulsing Lifts, Static Jumping Lunges, Side Lunges, Calf Raise+Jump Squat+ Side Leg Raises, Squat Steps, Lunges, Lunge + Jump Squats, Pulse Squats

Uppercuts+ thigh slap jump squats, Hooks+ Switchfoot burpees, jogging, high knees, jumping jacks recovery intervals

combos of jabs, crosses, uppercuts, knee tuck crunches, side hip raises, hooks, crisscross crunches, shin blocks and russian twists

plank

^I did legs yesterday too.

My regular gym is closed for annual cleaning, so I went to the work gym. Leg presses, toe presses, leg curls, legs extensions, standing toe presses, stiff-legged deadlifts, and dumbbell split squats.

I was alone so I also went up to the standing punching bag and would have at it for sets of 9 or 10 like I was Captain America

Archived