Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

8 months and still casual…leave or stay?

Naomi99

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear me, Naomi. I am neither aggressive or confrontational. That isn't a nice thing to say, but I'll let it pass.

As I say, you don't know me, and all we have here is the written word. IN 3D I am said to be the soul of diplomacy.

One can get a good idea of a person by asking oblique questions.

As in:

Me to the Doc.

"How come a handsome charming chap like you has never been snatched up by some lovely lady years ago". LOL

Him: (directly or indirectly) Because I am not into committed relationships.

The way I see it, paying for 3-6 dates in the beginning will not break his back especially since half of those are free dates. After that if we aren't meeting friends/family doing more coupley things that do beyond dinner and movie I'm not too interested anyway. Make sense?

I think I spend THOUSANDS in groceries and never got to do coupley stuff. Every trip to Whole Foods was 100 bucks plus and I did make more than 10 three-course entrees complete with dessert.

I definitely spent more money than he, but I'm kind of at the age I don't really care. I enjoy sharing my cooking and he loved it.

Thanks TWT. You are kind.

I am not, never have been either aggressive or confrontational. But I am not a doormat either, that's for sure.

LOL. I think I'd probably get on fine with Dr. Who. As a friend.

Ugh…have you been speaking to my GFs? They want me to go with German guy too. He has two kids that I am not very enthused about.

My gut is telling me to go with Robert Pattinson and just have fun. I will not fall in love with someone 10 years younger. He doesn't suit my daddy complex.

Me thinks you can not do that very well because you don't have the personal boundaries in place to be what you term as "aggressive or confrontational" *big grin*

I think I spend THOUSANDS in groceries and never got to do coupley stuff. Every trip to Whole Foods was 100 bucks plus and I did make more than 10 three-course entrees complete with dessert.

I definitely spent more money than he, but I'm kind of at the age I don't really care. I enjoy sharing my cooking and he loved it.

He loved it, but I don't think you loved it. Otherwise we wouldn't be here. He took me on 3 dates, where he either paid for the whole meal or a few rounds of drinks. I made us some sandwiches for a picnic. I put too much mayo. Oh well.

The first night we slept together, he asked me what happened with my ex. I gave him a five-minute explanation about high school sweetheart, bought a house, grew apart, etc....

Then I said, "What about you? What happened with your long-term?"

He summed it up in five words: "I let her get away." The end.

I remember telling my ex's mom (she is like my mother) that story and she was floored. And she said, "From now on, when he asks you a question, you say 'you go first,' and then if he gives you a three-word response, you give him a three-word response."

Thanks TWT. You are kind.

I am not, never have been either aggressive or confrontational. But I am not a doormat either, that's for sure.

LOL. I think I'd probably get on fine with Dr. Who. As a friend.

Maybe you're the one with a 'telepathic link' with Dr. Who after all...

What Hermes proposed she would say/do is neither "aggressive" or confrontational."

I'm not saying the question in itself is.

Just through reading some of the posts in the past few weeks, she is one of the more confrontational posters here than the rest. Not a bad thing or good thing, but I see the personalities clashing as he's said he isn't attracted to that.

And I love her posts…they bring a different side to the story, one that I'm most likely blind to.

He loved it, but I don't think you loved it. Otherwise we wouldn't be here. He took me on 3 dates, where he either paid for the whole meal or a few rounds of drinks. I made us some sandwiches for a picnic. I put too much mayo. Oh well.

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!

Too bad you didn't put cheyenne pepper in his sammich.

The night we slept together, he asked me what happened with my ex. I gave him a five-minute explanation about high school sweetheart, bought a house, grew apart, etc....

Then I said, "What about you? What happened with your long-term?"

He summed it up in five words: "I let her get away." The end.

At least he didn't answer a question with a question. Why didn't you ask him what he meant by that? Did you just go silent?

I remember telling my ex's mom (she is like my mother) that story and she was floored. And she said, "From now on, when he asks you a question, you say 'you go first,' and then if he gives you a three-word response, you give him a three-word response."
Or you could play it even better and answer with a question. Either way, it's a great way to NOT get to really know someone.

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!

Too bad you didn't put cheyenne pepper in his sammich.

Or let the sunshine down on that mayo for another hour or so more. (note: Make sure you sammich only has mustard on it if you're going to go that route)

In what way, Naomi? Once again, that is your view, and I am neither aggressive nor confrontational. On the other hand I am not sly or double-dealing. Here, I repeat, we only have the written word, there isn't even a photo (not that it would mean much either). I believe in ebing honest and straight up with you, and I would never ever tell you (or indeed anyone I know) what they want to hear.

Now, that said, if you do not want me to post here any more, just say so. Being honest and straight-talking does not mean aggression.

In what way, Naomi? Once again, that is your view, and I am neither aggressive nor confrontational. On the other hand I am not sly or double-dealing. Here, I repeat, we only have the written word, there isn't even a photo (not that it would mean much either). I believe in ebing honest and straight up with you, and I would never ever tell you (or indeed anyone I know) what they want to hear.

Now, that said, if you do not want me to post here any more, just say so. Being honest and straight-talking does not mean aggression.

Of course not…

I believe you've been honest and straightforward, and even shed light on things I haven't realized about him, and I appreciate it wholeheartedly.

But I've read the more important posts over and over to help me come to a decision, and, yes, your posts to me are more opinionated and confrontational than the others. Maybe aggressive isn't the right word.

Again there is nothing wrong with that, but I don't see the doctor being drawn to this in your hypothetical of dating him. That's all I meant.

Here, to put it bluntly, he probably wouldn't date ThatwasThen either (not that she wants to, but she's not saying she wants to meet him or have a convo with him like Hermes did.)

ThatwasThen would rip him a new A hole.

Archived