Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

8 months and still casual…leave or stay?

Naomi99

I imagine myself saying to him: I'm looking for a real boyfriend. You ain't it darlin'!

And I'm doing that while I do the phasing out of the picture of him, and getting bright and clear with my own picture in my head (that exercise someone posted about).

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listen Naomi. Time to become a medium to high-maintenance girl!

You don't want marriage and kids. Nothing wrong with that.

Now maybe you are looking for a brother figure. The emergency contact, the comforter and even for a holiday. No strings attached.

Perhaps that is what you DO want.

Honestly, I don't know what my end dating goal is. It is certainly not marriage or kids.

I want someone to have my back…

If I go to the hospital, he's the first on my list of emergency contacts.

If I get into a fight with my sister, he's the first to come over and comfort me.

If I want to go on vacation, he's the first of my choice of companions.

That's not even a lot to ask for.

Well, you allowd yourself to become vulnerable and fell in lust (won't even call it love) with someone that clearly needs even less then that. Good thing you dumped the gimp with the man boobs who still needs his 70/80 year old momma to nurse him back to health.

I'm wondering WT? you even seen in him and his saggy ass. lolzzz

Adding: I think you should just go on a date with one of those D-bags that lie and tell you that they want a real relationship. Make him buy you dinner and then block and delete him.

What are you talking about, Willis?

The Robert Pattinson guy who is 10 years younger??? He gave me his number and that was two weeks ago. I never called.

Then there is the skinny 47 year old who I have zero interest in, but seems nice.

Then there is the German who actually texted me from Venice yesterday morning. I didn't respond because I can't stop thinking about doctor. We went out on a handful of dates WHILE I was sleeping with the doctor and I just couldn't do it anymore. I don't want to be a .

Well, you allowd yourself to become vulnerable and fell in lust (won't even call it love) with someone that clearly needs even less then that. Good thing you dumped the gimp with the man boobs who still needs his 70/80 year old momma to nurse him back to health.

I'm wondering WT? you even seen in him and his saggy ass. lolzzz

AHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAH

Gee, TWT, you have me grinning widely here.

Dr. Who has gone in days from being a reincarnation of Casanova (interesting, musical, refreshing, a gentleman, fun, attractive all those nice adjectives), and most importantly of all, an absolute tiger in the sack, ....to being a decrepit, feeble, ailing old man that no sane woman would approach. LMAO.

You know what, I am beginning to have a vague sympathy for this man..

Adding: I think you should just go on a date with one of those D-bags that lie and tell you that they want a real relationship. Make him buy you dinner and then block and delete him.

I kinda did that! I made PokerPlayer go on one more date with me when I realized he was becoming shadier by the day, he paid. He started making some future plans with me (that included dating and f*king other women) then I dumped him.

What are you talking about, Willis?

The Robert Pattinson guy who is 10 years younger??? He gave me his number and that was two weeks ago. I never called.

Then there is the skinny 47 year old who I have zero interest in, but seems nice.

Then there is the German who actually texted me from Venice yesterday morning. I didn't respond because I can't stop thinking about doctor. We went out on a handful of dates WHILE I was sleeping with the doctor and I just couldn't do it anymore. I don't want to be a .

*Looks in Crystal Ball* ~ I see Naomi going forth all that much more dating savvy and doing the following:

Avoid the 10 years younger dude because he's just looking for NSA sex with an older woman and you'll end up carrying on for far too long and think you love him

Telling the skinny 47 year old that you just don't see you and he as a match and good luck in your search.

You responding to the German and any other dude who is showing you interest because you actually WANT TO stop thinking about the doctor because he's not a good prospect for you getting those needs you mention you want.

I kinda did that! I made PokerPlayer go on one more date with me when I realized he was becoming shadier by the day, he paid. He started making some future plans with me (that included dating and f*king other women) then I dumped him.

I trust you ordered the lobster. Ha!

Me too made my guy pay for every date! To the point where I was starting to feel bad and concerned about whether I was coming accross as a gold digger!

I think we've just gotten unlucky more than anything. .

Heh heh, you sure do pick 'em, Naomi.

"The Robert Pattinson guy who is 10 years younger??? He gave me his number and that was two weeks ago. I never called.

Then there is the German who actually texted me from Venice yesterday morning. I didn't respond because I can't stop thinking about doctor. "

Are there no half-way normal people online.:subdued: I can now assume you also "met" Dr. Who online? Yes'

Me too made my guy pay for every date! To the point where I was starting to feel bad and concerned about whether I was coming accross as a gold digger!

I think we've just gotten unlucky more than anything. .

The way I see it, paying for 3-6 dates in the beginning will not break his back especially since half of those are free dates. After that if we aren't meeting friends/family doing more coupley things that do beyond dinner and movie I'm not too interested anyway. Make sense?

Gee, TWT, you have me grinning widely here.

Dr. Who has gone in days from being a reincarnation of Casanova (interesting, musical, refreshing, a gentleman, fun, attractive all those nice adjectives), and most importantly of all, an absolute tiger in the sack, ....to being a decrepit, feeble, ailing old man that no sane woman would approach. LMAO.

You know what, I am beginning to have a vague sympathy for this man..

I read those adjectives with a grain of salt. It's human nature to vilify someone who has rejected us... or not coming running after us for that matter. Those villainous thoughts will subside in time to be replaced by indifference.

*Looks in Crystal Ball* ~ I see Naomi going forth all that much more dating savvy and doing the following:

Avoid the 10 years younger dude because he's just looking for NSA sex with an older woman and you'll end up carrying on for far too long and think you love him

Telling the skinny 47 year old that you just don't see you and he as a match and good luck in your search.

You responding to the German and any other dude who is showing you interest because you actually WANT TO stop thinking about the doctor because he's not a good prospect for you getting those needs you mention you want.

Ugh…have you been speaking to my GFs? They want me to go with German guy too. He has two kids that I am not very enthused about.

My gut is telling me to go with Robert Pattinson and just have fun. I will not fall in love with someone 10 years younger. He doesn't suit my daddy complex.

Oh yes, he will. Heh heh.

You have no idea what I am like. One thing is for sure, I'd certainly have Dr. Who up and level with me if not after date one then after date two. At which point I might, or not, say to myself, OK I'll stay here for a while for the fun, or "nice to meet you Dr. but I really am looking for something else".

But then that's me. And as I never tire of saying. Everyone is different.

So, Naomi, maybe it's time to give the "dating" scene a rest for a while, a long while, and join the loner fraternity yourself for a time. Clear your head and examine your life.

It isn't necessary to always be hectically with "someone/anyone".

So, Naomi, maybe it's time to give the "dating" scene a rest for a while, a long while, and join the loner fraternity yourself for a time. Clear your head and examine your life.

It isn't necessary to always be hectically with "someone/anyone".

Well, that's what I'm doing. I just said I haven't responded to any of those guys.

Archived