Open Club  ·  100 members  ·  Free

Journals

K's Dating Journal

WithLove

In better news - I'm moving on Friday. My city has a thing called ZombieCon every year and it happens to be this year. The apartment I'm moving into happens to be in the same area that this festival is being held. J wants to go really badly; I told him I'd be busy moving stuff and unpacking, but that he's welcome to come over afterwards.

I have the feeling he'll be trying to convince me to go, anyway.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night was rough. I was alone (Dad was at the bar) and I just couldn't motivate myself to get anything done. I didn't hear from J, either, and it bothered me. I finally sent a text just before 10 and he replied saying he had fallen asleep. Okay. Don't worry, I'm fully aware I was just in a rotten mood. It wasn't him at all.

I'm thankful to have tomorrow off to move. I can feel the tightness in my shoulders and neck today. Anxiety is still there, too. I was so excited and now I'm just anxious. I just want to be moved into my own space, away from my father and all the stress there.

I love the arches too!! What a great space.

When you get your couch (and bed- whatever furniture you have already) in, take a pic and I'll give you thoughts.

I love love love the floors.

Right off the bat though- I would say...either go to Ikea and pic up a shade for the light in the kitchen (saying that though- I don't know how low the light is compared to you- if you have clearance, get a shade- it's it's tight...(I was trying to post a pic as an example, but today it's not working...I'll try later) replace it all together. You can look on a used site (craigslist or whatever)- people often give away light fixtures, and if you found a funky brass chandelier, depending on your style, you could keep the brass or spray paint it white (or go fun like teal or fuchsia). Or track lighting if you want to be practical I wouldn't spend much on it because it will probably end up staying with the place when you leave...but the bare bulb makes the space feel stark.

Post pics with furniture I'm excited for you!!

Is the place clean (like move in ready?). Is Jay helping you? Are you going to be able to sleep there tonight???

I won't be able to get anything in there today, unfortunately. I had too much to do - get a bank check for the deposit, go sign the lease, stick around for the Internet to be hooked up (there was no phone line in there - can you believe that??); right now I'm in the utilities building waiting to meet with them to get my water turned on. Then I have a doctor appt at 3.

I'm super excited. I can't wait to put personal touches on this place. I'm allowed to paint it, but I really don't think I will. I'll stick with wall art and such instead.

Thank you for the suggestions! I'm only 5 ft. 2, so I can get a shade or even replace it with another fixture.

Dad's and bfs often have staple guns. I have like 6 now because I do projects like this all the time. It's so easy...and it can change things so much.

I'm watching this video...and you do not need a drill. Screw drivers are fine. They kind of complicate things a bit in this...but I like the conversation style of this video...it was nice that people were asking questions. You also don't need two people. I do this all the time on my own

I often buy fabric from ikea...super modern, fun, bright patterns....an durable. Don't be afraid of bold colours or fabrics.

I'm sitting on the couch with my dad and I asked him if he had a staple gun, and he said "yup". LOL!

I'm excited. I wanna do it. It'll be a little bit before I can get the fabric. In addition to the move-in costs, I have tons of bills due at once. So hopefully in the next month I can do it!

Archived