Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

K's Dating Journal

WithLove

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My lease ends on July 31. But I'm hoping to be out of there even sooner, maybe end of June. I have to check my lease, because I can't remember if I paid the last month's rent or not.

Every day is different. Today is a good day. Tomorrow might not be.

I took next Friday and Monday off to take some time for myself. I'm not going anywhere, but I'm going to start packing some of my things and taking them over to my dad's. I have plans to go out next Friday with some friends; other than that, I'm just going to spend the weekend recharging my batteries. Now that my coworker is back from having surgery, I can take a little time off myself to decompress.

I had a massive anxiety meltdown last night. Or, more appropriately, very early this morning around 2 am. I've made the decision to bring my cat to my local no-kill shelter. I don't have the means or capacity to care for her the way she needs to be cared for.

I saw another bug last night. Which means they are back, again.

I'm getting out of this apartment before I love my mind. Even if I have to pay rent for the final month, I'm moving back to my father's house as soon as I can.

She took my information, let me know there was a wait list for pet surrender, and added me to it. I can understand why. They are the only no-kill shelter in my area.

My heart is breaking. But it's the best thing for her.

I need to be totally alone and concentrating on myself for awhile.

Today is my Friday. I'm so excited to have the next 4 days off. Saturday I'm going out shopping with a friend for the day, but otherwise, I have no plans. I just want to relax and unwind. Maybe start packing some things to take over to my father's.

Last night I went to bed as soon as I got home. It's the second time this week I've done it. I wish I knew why I want to sleep my life away.

I met with my doctor on Friday to discuss my weight. He's referring me to a nutritionist. He scheduled me for another follow-up 6 weeks from now. If I haven't lost any weight, we're going to discuss other options, like medication that helps curb appetite and such. He's reluctant to start me on anything because most of them affect anxiety as a side effect, and I'm already on medication for that.

He also thinks I have a form of sleep apnea. Depending on my progress in the next 6 weeks, I have a referral to a clinic for a sleep study as well. But we both agree that losing some weight will likely help my sleeping habits.

We also talked about the future; when I lose weight and start feeling better, we may try to tamper off my medication until I'm able to be completely off of it. That won't be for quite awhile, though.

That's what I want. Some days I am okay with myself and my weight; but I'm mostly not. SO..........

Time to be serious with this. I am going to post updates every week about my meals, my workouts and my (hopeful) weight loss.

Short term: 10 lbs by 7/31/15

Long term: 40 lbs by 12/31/15

Milestone: 30 lbs by 10/1/15

Current weight: 230 lbs

Today's Food:

I had a Bolthouse protein shake for breakfast, but did not finish it. A handful of cashew nuts for a snack around 10 am. Lunch was a small container of beans with turkey hotdogs, with a few bites of pineapple.

Not too hungry yet, but I'm getting there.

Gym with Jennifer at 7 pm.

It was the first time I had tried it. I had the Vanilla Chai Tea one. It was delicious, but very sweet and rich. I could have finished it but it was starting to give me a stomach ache, so I probably drank about 80% of it.

Just make sure that you're eating enough that you don't starve yourself and binge next opportunity you get. That for me has always been the struggle. I found programs like weight watchers...where I had to go and get weighed weekly...to be the best for me being accountable. Hopefully logging here will help you We're rooting for you.

Weight loss happens in the kitchen...and feeling good- being stronger- comes at the gym.

Look up Erin Brown when you get some time- she's pretty awesome.

Quick sandwich for dinner. Went to bed early. Jennifer canceled gym time, but we're going today after work.

Bolthouse Amazing Mango drink and a banana for breakfast. Tastes great, but I'm worried about the acidity of the drink. Usually, acidic things for breakfast tears up my stomach for the day. We'll see.

Should probably unwrap my scale that I bought months ago.

Do you take something for stomach acid? Is that a problem for you?

I am on omeprazole long term and it's the only thing that works for me. Dr says it's okay for me to be on long term.

Some people with too much stomach acid feel hungry when they are not due to the acid and then when they get treatment, they find that they feel less hungry. Something to consider asking your dr about if you're having any GERD issues.

I don't take anything for stomach issues. I've never had a problem with it until the past few months, I'd say. A woke up a couple weeks ago and felt like I was choking on my own bile. It was gross and it hurt terribly. It's never happened before and it scared me. Since then, I feel like I get heartburn with anything I eat. Some things are worse than others. Stuff with lots of acid, like some fruits or some tomato-based sauces, really just yuck me.

I've drank half of this protein drink and it's starting to yuck me. Not sure I can finish it.

Did you talk to your doctor about this? Because I'd be surprised if he didn't suggest a medication/sleeping techniques for you if you brought this up. Sounds like you aspirated while in your sleep. I had this happen to me frequently when I was big. I basically would inhale my own vomit, wake up choking, and then have to sit up for an hour trying to cough it all up. The first time it happened, I did not cough it up and I had a high fever for a couple days and had to go to the hospital for a chest x ray. It was awful.

Obesity means you have a much higher risk of aspiration and GERD issues in general. Omeprazole helped me a lot, at least to a point. Losing weight has helped a lot but I still take the omeprazole everyday faithfully or else I'll get some issues again.

It's so scary. Make sure you sleep with your head elevated, like with 2 pillows or something.

Archived