How to be supportive during a big change?

Brokenheart99

So this guy im sorta seeing(maybe seeing where things go), is going through a big move, moving states and uprooting and starting all over in an another state. He's closed off a lot but has said many times his emotions are all over the place and he's nervous/stressed about the change.

What are some tips or things I can say to be loving/supportive, especially if he's pretty closed off? Thanks!

It might be best to ask him. Communicate It'll go a long way. I wouldn't guess. It could be a recipe for disaster. Ask him what he needs and how you can be there for him. Since you started to sorta seeing him, it may be something as simple as letting him do his thing while he gets his life in order.

How long have you two been seeing each other?

So this guy im sorta seeing(maybe seeing where things go), is going through a big move, moving states and uprooting and starting all over in an another state. He's closed off a lot but has said many times his emotions are all over the place and he's nervous/stressed about the change.

What are some tips or things I can say to be loving/supportive, especially if he's pretty closed off? Thanks!

If you're only sort of seeing him I strongly urge you to reassess if it's appropriate and in your best interest to be supportive. What's in it for you? Especially if he's "closed off" and "his emotions are all over the place". Sounds unappealing.

If you're only sort of seeing him I strongly urge you to reassess if it's appropriate and in your best interest to be supportive. What's in it for you? Especially if he's "closed off" and "his emotions are all over the place". Sounds unappealing.

I agree with sporty on this ...don't push the situation at all because if he is going through all this change then as you are only seeing him , it may be that you are last on the list of concerns right now and pouring out all the heavy duty " being there" for him is a bit too much in the just seeing someone phase .

Just respond to him as you normally would .

Archived