He said it's good to hear from me

So I made a massive mistake yesterday!

I'm trying to get out of the habit of seeing things and making the connection with my ex, you know the whole saw this and thought of you.

Anyway, I've been working away all week and after a slightly boozy lunch with my new team had to get the train/plane back home. Whilst coming through the airport a tad tipsy I saw something that my ex would like, thinking aww he'll find this funny! Before I knew I'd snapped a pic and texted it to him as soon as I'd done it I was like am I doing, if I could if have recalled the message

He replied a short time later asking how I was and I just said disregard that text it was a mistake.

He replied not long after that saying no don't be silly it's good to hear from you.

What the flip?! It's good to hear from me!! I didn't reply to the message

I always read WAY too much into things so thought it safer to not reply!

Help what do I do? Reply, don't reply? If I do reply what do I say? Why would he think it good to hear from me? Being polite? He's missed me? If that's the case then why hasn't he got in touch with me? Am I just being obsessive over nothing, hanging on his words looking for a meaning cause I still desperately want him back?

If I don't reply will that spark a curiosity in him as to why I haven't replied yet?

Help!!

He was probably happy to hear from you but it doesn't mean he is thinking about getting back to you. I know most of people here will say don't say anything but if you want to see if he want ssomething then say something. I would reply a simple Thanks and nothing more. If he wants something more, he will let you know.

The problem here is it's not about your ex... It never was... He's not the one who needs to "move on" (unless of course he's been texting/harassing/calling/trying to get back with you). You do.

So reading into ANYTHING is only on you. It's apparently clear that you're not yet fully over him, so what do you do? Not reply at all. You're not trying to build a friendship or relationship with someone in your past. At least not this guy, he's EX'ed out of your life for a reason. Remember that reason and continue to move on. "Sweerrrrve" as they say. Delete that name from your messages, and seriously BLOCK the number. No more "drunk mistakes." A text to/from him will only create more anxiety and questions. You don't need to do that to yourself.

It probably WAS great to hear from you and get that text! Friendly or not. Subliminal or not. But none of that truly matters. If you're not strong enough to send a quick hello or random text to an ex or person in your past, without there being any additional or hidden meaning; then you must learn to be strong enough to block any possible way to communicate with this person until they've faded away from your mind.... and they will.

If you are the one contacting him, and he's the one who broke up with you, then you can't take a polite reply to mean anything at all. If it 'meant' something, he'd be the one texting you and asking to get together and see you and talk about getting back together. But a 'nice to hear from you' response is meaningless and just polite.

don't beat yourself up for sending it, but don't do it again. If he's interested in getting back with you, he'll call you. And you texting him these kinds of things will land you firmly in the friend zone and nothing more.

Archived