Open Club  ·  113 members  ·  Free

Journals

Blue Spiral's Adventures in Solitude

Blue Spiral

And Blue, makes sense distinction for you is the legality. But then if you lived in a place where prostitution is legal and easily accessible, would you consider partaking in it?

It would depend on the price, safety, and selection.

It's funny that when I heard of the new developments in virtual reality, I thought of you Blue. Some of what is coming out is just plain cool. I definitely think we will see some of the impact VR in the mainstream is going to have in changing the landscape in our lifetime.

In many ways, I was born much, much too soon. My fear is that it'll come out in my lifetime, but the price won't come down until after I'm dead.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be completely honest with you, I'd rather avoid people altogether. Is there some biosphere isolation experiment that I can sign up for??

Living in a cave, it's cool. You can live off fruits and fresh water, I doubt you'll have wifi available in any National Parks any soon though. Are you still on a stand-by with women ? Because I don't believe you'd give up on them at all.

Living in a cave, it's cool. You can live off fruits and fresh water, I doubt you'll have wifi available in any National Parks any soon though.

I'm not really the outdoors-y type...

Are you still on a stand-by with women ? Because I don't believe you'd give up on them at all.

I am, yes. I'm hoping that my sex drive will decrease with age, which could make things easier.

I'm not really the outdoors-y type...

What about being outdoor with no people around? Don't you enjoy the landscape ? (dunno at all where you live though)

am, yes. I'm hoping that my sex drive will decrease with age, which could make things easier.

Maybe. Mine is still pretty high for a 30s something. I agree with you on the 'no women, no cry/stress' however I'm probably less of a misanthrope. I also like women maybe better than men, but I have some pretty great friends from both genders.

What about being outdoor with no people around? Don't you enjoy the landscape ? (dunno at all where you live though)

I sort of enjoy the landscape, but I don't really care that much, either. Also, there are bugs outside. Ugh. I've never been camping in my life, and have no desire to.

Maybe. Mine is still pretty high for a 30s something. I agree with you on the 'no women, no cry/stress' however I'm probably less of a misanthrope. I also like women maybe better than men, but I have some pretty great friends from both genders.

I used to have a lot of great female friends...

I sort of enjoy the landscape, but I don't really care that much, either. Also, there are bugs outside.

Afraid of bugs, really? Rattlesnake, tarantulas I get it, but a fly or a mosquito...

I used to have a lot of great female friends...

Why did you lose them?

Afraid of bugs, really? Rattlesnake, tarantulas I get it, but a fly or a mosquito...

I'm not afraid of them, per se, but I don't like icky, messy things. Bugs, dirt, messy finger-foods, etc.

Why did you lose them?

They were flirty-type friendships. For a time, they enjoyed flirting for fun/getting attention, but they eventually decided it was immature and/or that it would get in the way of a serious relationship.

They were flirty-type friendships. For a time, they enjoyed flirting for fun/getting attention, but they eventually decided it was immature and/or that it would get in the way of a serious relationship.

Here we have something in common, I can't help but being friendly and flirty with women, the singles ones at least. Immature? I don't know about that, it's a trait of my personality. I've had numerous friendship, that were also bordering on dating - though no kissing and sexual intercourse but I've had many friendships with girls and women like you describe over the years. I've lost most or we moved on but there were no official adios.

Here we have something in common, I can't help but being friendly and flirty with women, the singles ones at least. Immature? I don't know about that, it's a trait of my personality. I've had numerous friendship, that were also bordering on dating - though no kissing and sexual intercourse but I've had many friendships with girls and women like you describe over the years. I've lost most or we moved on but there were no official adios.

Interesting. I have to admit, though, all of my friendships had an ulterior motive. Or at least, I enjoy flirting with attractive women...

Interesting. I have to admit, though, all of my friendships had an ulterior motive. Or at least, I enjoy flirting with attractive women...

If you targeted mostly single women, makes sense. So did I. However and despite the early flirting me not making a move I ended up in the friendzone.

I have several male friends, most have been in my life for years, one I talk to a few times a week the others not so much. It's interesting to see how people handle opposite sex friends. I'm not a flirty person at all and nor are my friends. If you looked at our communications, it would be mostly about movies/TV, current events, some philosophy, and really offensive and stupid jokes (not sexual ones). That's about it.

I've always been really skeptical of "if you're a female and you have male friends, they will always want to screw you". Maybe if you're really attractive and flirty, sure. Me, I just want to shoot the s__t once in a while and hear interesting ideas. I've never been treated by my male friends in a way that would make me think that they would want to sleep with me OR get closer to me (ie emotional intimacy). Perhaps I am erroneous but given the way that they treat me, aren't seeking additional attention/support, and I've known them for years (4+ years, all of them), I'm thinking that they don't see me as being much different than a male friend.

Of course I could be wrong, I guess.

I guess my male friends are different from you then cause I'm pretty sure they would have bailed years ago. They've been in the f'zone for years and are aware that we will be nothing but platonic and no flirting. That's a loooong time to hold out for a girl that talks to you only occasionally, no flirting, no sexual jokes, nothing.

That said, I have had guys in the past bail on me because they wanted something more and I didn't. I'm okay with that. It's not fair to expect a platonic friendship with someone who wants more. I want my friends to want to be friends with me, nothing more, nothing less.

I guess my male friends are different from you then cause I'm pretty sure they would have bailed years ago. They've been in the f'zone for years and are aware that we will be nothing but platonic and no flirting. That's a loooong time to hold out for a girl that talks to you only occasionally, no flirting, no sexual jokes, nothing.

That said, I have had guys in the past bail on me because they wanted something more and I didn't. I'm okay with that. It's not fair to expect a platonic friendship with someone who wants more. I want my friends to want to be friends with me, nothing more, nothing less.

I've been in this situation, oh occasionally I was in a relationship or just hooking up with women while still being platonic friends with some ladies, but oddly I noticed some jealousy as much from my then girlfriends and female friends. You see, like if my friends were emotionally attached to me and didn't handle too well that I was dating outside of the friendship with them. I don't think they did intentionally to ruin my relationships or just plain f-- with me though.

Obviously, my girlfriends then were also jealous that I had female friends, they smelled an opponent. God I wish I was still the popular jock I once was (it's relative but still...)

I've been in this situation, oh occasionally I was in a relationship or just hooking up with women while still being platonic friends with some ladies, but oddly I noticed some jealousy as much from my then girlfriends and female friends. You see, like if my friends were emotionally attached to me and didn't handle too well that I was dating outside of the friendship with them. I don't think they did intentionally to ruin my relationships or just plain f-- with me though.

Obviously, my girlfriends then were also jealous that I had female friends, they smelled an opponent. God I wish I was still the popular jock I once was (it's relative but still...)

Man that's so weird. I've always been happy for my friends, male or female, if they find someone they care about. I hope they would feel the same about me. Actually, it was my male friend who told me to stay on OKC last year and just put myself out there and not to give up and that's how I met K. So it was thanks to him, really, in a way.

I think if you are emotionally attached to someone to the point that you feel jealous/upset when they date someone else, then it's not really platonic.

Gah, jealousy. My ex N was a very jealous sort. even though I was open and had him meet friends, see my texts, etc. he still got upset. Even though he had some female friends (not that I minded). My current boyfriend is not the jealous type. I've met his friends and he's met mine and it's all good. His neighbor is actually a really, really nice woman and I've gotten to know her well. We actually go out one-on-one now sometimes without him! So I'm glad he's friends with her or else I wouldn't have met her.

Archived