Open Club  ·  113 members  ·  Free

Journals

Blue Spiral's Adventures in Solitude

Blue Spiral

I don't understand people who post inaccurate photos. Do they really think that it will work out if they do that? They are kidding themselves. No "awesome personality" is going to win over someone who realizes that they were lied to and misled. It's a total turn off.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't understand people who post inaccurate photos. Do they really think that it will work out if they do that? They are kidding themselves. No "awesome personality" is going to win over someone who realizes that they were lied to and misled. It's a total turn off.

Additionally, if you're lying to and misleading people, how awesome is your personality really likely to be?

Additionally, if you're lying to and misleading people, how awesome is your personality really likely to be?

Probably not that great. Same goes for people who lie about their age, even if it's a couple years off just to look "good" (ie, saying you're 29 when you're really 31). It's just stupid and it doesn't bode well for you.

But it really surprises me, to this day, how many people lie in their photos. I mean, it almost ALWAYS backfires, so why bother? You aren't going to get what you want.

So, I posted 4 accurate photos but the truth is -I don't photograph well or "accurately" - 99% of the men I met in person said I looked better than my photos. A small percentage of men were very suspicious of my photos because of my differences in hair color - nothing drastic at all but one was pre-color and one was post,etc. I got the impression they thought I was posting misleading or old photos (I always explained how old each photo was -ranging from current to a few years old -back then most people did not have digital cameras so it wasn't as easy to update)

Strangely enough, the woman that I was just chatting with is very attractive...but the pictures she had were at least five years old, I'd say.

Depends -she might look exactly the same depending on which 5 years it is -and those might be her best/most flattering photos.

Depends -she might look exactly the same depending on which 5 years it is -and those might be her best/most flattering photos.

The pics were extremely flattering. I don't know for certain that the pics are that old...but after video-chatting with her, well, she'd visibly aged. If I hadn't known the pics were of her, I'd have assumed that they were of a younger sister. In fairness, she also has a few current pics up, but they were at the bottom of the list, while she uses an older pic for her profile pic.

That said: she's still attractive, and I enjoyed talking with her.

It's amazing how different people can look in pictures.

There's a girl I know who posts really hot pictures to facebook, but she isn't that amazing to look at in-person. She only looks amazing when she's got complete control of the lighting, angle, her hair & makeup, etc.

There's somebody else in the same group of friends who's the other way around. She's quite attractive, but for some reason she doesn't photograph well. I've never seen a good-looking picture of her, she always looks a little bit... odd.

The pics were extremely flattering. I don't know for certain that the pics are that old...but after video-chatting with her, well, she'd visibly aged. If I hadn't known the pics were of her, I'd have assumed that they were of a younger sister. In fairness, she also has a few current pics up, but they were at the bottom of the list, while she uses an older pic for her profile pic.

That said: she's still attractive, and I enjoyed talking with her.

Aside from enjoying talking with her. Any chance of meeting IRL and go further?

This weekend was mainly about football, but I do have an update on the new woman: she's gone from a possibility to a FWB. I'm back up to three! Which is good, because I suspect that I'll lose either DAISY or FIONA at some point in the next few weeks. (DAISY has been crushing hard on a married guy for years, and he may finally be getting divorced; FIONA is borderline out of my league and seems tired of being single.) Let's call the new woman GRETCHEN. She's 41, Hispanic, has an amazing body, and is young in spirit like me.

I doubt that my current level of luck will last, but I plan on enjoying it as long as I can.

Well, I attribute my current success to luck because I certainly can't attribute it to myself. It's one thing if a turtle wins a race every great once in a while...but if the turtle is winning consistently, you have to look for explanations that are out of the ordinary.

GRETCHEN is pretty wild compared to the women that I usually interact with. Despite my inability to be monogamous, I've never been a partier or anything like that, and she is heavily-tatted and runs around naked or half-naked most of the time. I'm not complaining, I'm just not used to it.

I'm currently taking long-shots with women that are out of my league, but I'm still in the idea-planting stage...

Don't hold your breath, Daisy....

I've known a lot of women that have gone after/waited for married guys...and I get the feeling that she has a pretty good chance with him. It sounds more like a volatile marriage that will blow up at any second, as opposed to a stable-on-the-surface marriage where there's a lot of resentment and unhappiness and passive-aggressive attacking, with the latter being the type that can keep going in a zombified way. Some women are okay with the mistress-to-girlfriend/wife transition (a surprising number, from what I've seen), but DAISY isn't one of them--not quite, anyway. She'd have no (moral) problem sleeping with him now, but she wants him to file for divorce as a sign that he's ready to move on with his life.

Unfortunately, once that happens, DAISY will leap into his bed at a faster-than-light speed, and I'll lose her. So, in a weird way, I'm stuck rooting for these two crazy kids to make their marriage limp along for a few more weeks...

Some women are okay with the mistress-to-girlfriend/wife transition (a surprising number, from what I've seen), but DAISY isn't one of them--not quite, anyway. She'd have no (moral) problem sleeping with him now, but she wants him to file for divorce as a sign that he's ready to move on with his life.

It's "Social Proof" and it's a powerful motivator for some women. Basically they zero-in on guys that are married or in a relationship because they come pre-vetted. It's just added validation if they can wrestle that guy away from the women that he's currently with. How much better than that woman they must be!

It's "Social Proof" and it's a powerful motivator for some women. Basically they zero-in on guys that are married or in a relationship because they come pre-vetted. It's just added validation if they can wrestle that guy away from the women that he's currently with. How much better than that woman they must be!

You're absolutely right. Social status is for women what physical attractiveness is for men--the Thing That Is Greatly Prized.

I've never had much in the way of social status...but, the few times that I've lucked into a little bit of it, women's proverbial antennas have perked up like you wouldn't believe.

Gretchen sounds like a good match for you, in the sense that she will likely not get hung up on a lot of the things the other women you tend to sleep with are. If she is an honest sort, all the better.

As for the others, people who are driven by their egos are pretty predictable and have a lot of common traits, regardless of gender.

Gretchen sounds like a good match for you, in the sense that she will likely not get hung up on a lot of the things the other women you tend to sleep with are. If she is an honest sort, all the better.

I agree!

As for the others, people who are driven by their egos are pretty predictable and have a lot of common traits, regardless of gender.

I don't think that DAISY is driven by her ego. She likes (loves?) the guy in question, and she'd want him whether he was married or not. In this case, status doesn't really factor in, though I could certainly be wrong.

Things are going well with DAISY and GRETCHEN. In my history of FWBs, I've mostly managed to avoid the sitcom-esque problems that come from being involved with multiple women at once, but I've been having some days where I hook up with GRETCHEN early in the evening, and then DAISY calls/texts me because she hates being alone. I'm not used to having to juggle women that close together.

I live a mostly drama-free life, but I actually encountered some, the other day. While over at DAISY's house, someone knocked on the door, and she asked me to get it. It was married guy's wife. I was informed that my "girlfriend" is trying to break up her marriage, and that I need to do something about that, and that I should "dump" her. Now, I normally Clark Kent my way through life, which involves a lot of blending in and holding my tongue. But she caught me in FWB mode, which is much closer to the real me...and, I have to admit, I couldn't help but smile. The irony was just too great. She was trying to win me over based on an appreciation of monogamy...which I don't actually believe in. Imagine someone being robbed, and they ask for help from a third party, only to discover that that person didn't believe in the concept of private property. In response to what she said about DAISY breaking up her marriage, I said "Good for her" and very gently closed the door in her face.

Daisy hates being alone but somehow accepted a FWB with you? Shed be better off in a Relationship Imo. However being after the married man you talked about wasnt the brightest idea either. I enjoy a drama-free life as well but sometimes you just cant avoid inconvenience like that. So this time at her house... Indeed, bad luck.

Archived