girl i dated for 2.5 months has gone complicated, help appreciated

carmonddd

Hi everyone,

This past summer I was dating this girl for about 2 months in Seattle and everything was great. We definitely clicked and got along really well together and never had an argument for the 2 months. However, since we first started dating, we both knew that I would be gone after summer for 8 months to finish up my senior year of college in Boston so we didn't really know what was going to happen after I left for college. 1 and a half months into dating that summer, I noticed she started distancing herself so I eventually brought up the conversation of where things were going between the two of us. I told her that I liked her and wanted to take things further even though I was leaving at the end of summer and she told me that she liked me as well. Basically she said that she wanted a relationship but just did not want a long distance relationship because she had just gotten out of a long distance relationship earlier in the year. So we agreed to date until the end of summer and then take a break and continue things once I finished up college and moved back to Seattle fora job I secured for next year. Then a few days after I left, we changed things and agreed to keep in touch with each other every once in a while and visit each other when we could but not call it a "long distance relationship".

Now its been a few weeks since I left her and I have started my final year of college in Boston. However, things changed since I had left her. At first we texted each other and skyped a good amount of times for the first couple weeks (texted each other about 3-5 times a week). I was planning on visiting her in October or November and she said she wanted to see me. However, after a few days she told me she wasn't sure if she wanted to see me anymore which didn't make any sense to me. I realized that I was putting in 100% of my efforts into keeping in touch with her while she was only putting out about 50%. So I got a little ticked off and we had our first argument. I apologized for getting ticked off and she said she understood and she told me that she still wanted to see me sometime this year. The next day I texted her to have a nice day and have fun but she never responded to that text which is fine to me. But now its been 3 days and she hasn't texted me. I've decided to wait for her to text me because I sent her the last text message. Do you guys think if she doesn't text me, I should wait a week or week and a half and casually ask how shes been doing? Or should I do something else? The last thing I want is things to end up badly. I still want to have the option of rekindling things with her when I move to Seattle next year because we were both interested in moving things further when I moved closer to her for good.

Please help me out, this has been bothering me alot

PS shes 23 and im 22.

Ive done long distance dating as well. Ended badly though. I cant speak on the male species but we women have a a hard time moving on from past hurt. esp if the distance was the reason her last relationship ended. I say give her time. Continue to check on het every now and then. I gaurentee you she reads the messages. She'll contact when shes ready. The thing about women is we will push a guy away with hopes they "fight"for us but are quick to label them as being all the same when they listen to our actions. Its weird. We can be weird like that. But keep in toych with her. Maybe yall dont need to be together right now but can create sonething great in the future

Archived