tripped

I have been dating a girl long distance for almost two months. We met while she was in my town visiting friends, hit it off, and have been dating long distance ever since. She only lives 4 hours away, so most weekends since we met one of us has visited the other and it has always been fantastic. Both of us are adamant that we have found something special here. She even decided that she was going to pull the trigger and move to my city next month (she was already thinking of doing this before we ever met, since she has several close friends here).

However, last weekend she came in town and things seemed off. She became very distant about halfway through the trip, mostly when it came to physical interactions between us. Since she returned home last week, she still texts me all the time, but not quite as much and seems to shy away from more "romantic" language.

She has expressed to me that when she becomes stressed about something, she tends to retract into herself, and even mentioned that "human touch" irritates her when she is stressed or upset. The thing is, I don't know what could be creating the stress. I asked her if everything was good between us, and she just kind of smiled and said of course, as if she didn't know what I was talking about.

Talking with my roommate, I realized that the exact moment during her trip that I began noticing odd behavior was the day she found the apartment she decided to move into. Maybe she is stressed about moving? I asked her specifically if she was feeling nervous, and she said no, but perhaps she's not telling the truth?

Thoughts?

I'm 99% sure that is what it is. I guess the real question is, if she's nervous about moving and won't talk to me about it, how can I help her/what should I do? Maybe she just needs space to figure it out, I know she is been spending a lot of time with family while she is preparing to move.

Archived