Why won't my boyfriend answer a simple question about his past dating?

PDXtransplant

I don't know what his reasons for not answering that question are but I do know that it would be a dealbreaker for me since he's already asked you the same question and you answered it. I would feel cheated if my bf did that. It's one thing not to talk about exes and a totally different thing when one does (and not on his own but because he was asked about it) and the other one doesn't. Nope, I'd leave. I hate unbalanced relationships.

it would be a dealbreaker for me since he's already asked you the same question and you answered it.

Doesn't sound like he asked, but that she volunteered the information. The OP said "I would answer any question he asked because I trust him and love him and want him to know all he wants about me...I've told him about my previous relationship, although it's just one person..." Did she mention somewhere else that he asked her the same question?

Honestly, when we started dating he asked me how many people I dated and slept with. I told him and when I asked how many people he had slept with he said he didn't want to say

I missed this earlier, didn't realize he'd asked you. This almost comes accross as kind of controlling of him, or something like that.

Its just annoying to hear a story about some girl he dated and I'm asking "Is this that girl in that story?' and get "no." ...I'm trying to get over it because general consensus says not my business. Its just irritating because I feel he made it a bit one-sided. Let me share and deny me any info.

My first thought was that it's private (and a loaded question), but since he asked you then he's made it apparent that he doesn't consider it private. I can also understand that his information would help give you the lay of the land, so to speak. Would it help to know if you are surrounded by his former dates or sex partners, or that they are completely out the picture? Of course you want to trust him, but people on eNA often say trust has to be earned. You have been together for almost a year, and marriage has come up. Do you feel you trust him, or has this made you doubt? Have you asked him why he asked you that question but shuts down and gets mad when you ask it? It does seem odd.

Archived