Moving on and pretty excited

jennylove

Life has been a fun rollercoaster the past 3 months.

To start my story off, I bought a house in this town 3 years ago when the (now) ex end I were making plans to get married. Poverty everwhere here, nothing to do, businesses closing doors all the time, etc. But I was ready to live full on domestication. %chuckles#. It all Seemed like a good idea at the time bc housing here is cheap, taxes are cheap, got a sweet interest rate. I wasnt keen on living in a small town w a high crime rate and Meth everwhere, but hey, I was in love. Ex has kids and had to stay here, so it was whatever. I still lived close to my mom by an hour and that was all that mattered.

Well, a few mos after closing, ex cheated numerous times, we b/u and I was stuck in this miserable town w nobody here as my support. I became sooo depressed, gained a ton of wt, became more depressed bc of that, etc.

But this past Spring, I decided to grab the bull by the horns. Im shedding wt and inches slowly but steadily, I listed my house and am supposed to close in 3 weeks and after closing, I am heading to work on an assignment for 3 mos-1 year in either Philly, Boston or Salem Ma or Hershey, Pa. I wont know until a week before I go. I am excited to go to any of these places. Salem sounds fun during Oct, Hershey sounds quirky.....and boston or philly, c'mon!!!

For anyone going thru a hard time out there, I just want to reassure u that your situation will change. 6 months ago, I didnt care whether I was dead or not. And If it werent for me being worried about how my mom would cope, I probably would have commitef suicide. I am forever grateful for my life today, and esp grateful for enotalone. This place was my saving grace since.

Anyhoo, just wanted to pay it forward and hopefully give someone some hope. And hey, if anyone lives near the aformentioned cities that I may be heading to and u want to give any advice, plz do so. And if anyone wants to meet, lemme know

• 2 weeks later...

Archived