She Dumped Me With Mixed Signals. Now what?

mcscruff

Update: after finally finishing my exams, i finally met up for a late lunch with her today. We had drinks, joked, walked around the mall for a bit. Felt like a date. Felt great actually, like how it used to be, before. Nothing serious got brought up. Everything was there, short of holding hands, kissing, etc

Then, at one point she brought up her stuff and that she could pass by later to get it( once she mentioned her stuff, I know that was it). I told her I had it in my car and I could give it to her when I leave.

I later texted her that I couldn't be "just friends" with her outside work. She said she was sorry and wished she felt the same way about me, that i feel for her.

So after nearly a month of emotional torture, its DONE. And it was equally joyful being with her today as it was painful not being "with" her.

I'm back to square one, where I'm more hurt, pissed and more pent up with emotions, than i was yesterday, (where i was okay, since i was getting good vibes from her and outside of work,for the last 2 weeks), where it seemed like she was open to reconcile or something positive.

Feel drained.....believe me this was exhausting experiencing it as it probably is reading it

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, this outcome is no surprise.

At least you took the extra step of putting all her stuff in your car.

Too bad it wasn't you who called things off, as I said earlier, if you had started calling the shots rather than being reactive to her, things might have turned out differently.

Heal, and learn from it.

I later texted her that I couldn't be "just friends" with her outside work. She said she was sorry and wished she felt the same way about me, that i feel for her.

So after nearly a month of emotional torture, its DONE. And it was equally joyful being with her today as it was painful not being "with" her.

Ultimately, as much as what she said hurt, you needed to hear it. Lots of people were blowing the 'maybe she's scared' or overwhelmed excuse at you, but the truth is she just wasn't interested enough. And you needed to hear that to cut out hope of reconciling.

Let the healing begin.

Archived