Open Club  ·  109 members  ·  Free

Journals

Fat girl.

hers

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well it was only a half tsp. I measured it out. I'd tasted it before the sugar and it was bland and i didn't really like it. So I put just a small amount in there and it helped.

I agree that a small amount of sugar (or artificial sweetener) can make a huge difference and if that's the difference between you choosing oatmeal over a less healthful option I say go for it!

It was just a suggestion as it's healthier that's all. It's always better to go for the healthier option.

Of course it is better to have that than say bacon eggs fried hash brown and English muffin buttered with honey on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok petite now you're speaking my language!

Yea it's better to go healthier but I've tried unsweetened oats a bunch of times and I just can't do it! Maybe one day. I don't like a lot of sugar anyway (like sweet tea or candy or something like that) so I don't really ever add sugar to anything if I can help it. Still, it's not the best thing to add, you're right, but I think bc I did so little it won't be so bad I think

I think you're right it is a small amount. I am by no means afraid of sugar but I think I've gotten to used to substituting when it comes to certain things. As I personally prefer the healthier option. I do however get that some things don't taste as nice and it can be just because our tastebuds aren't used to it.

I think for me personally I've just gotten used to not needing certain additives.

That's not to say that I don't have unhealthy meals once in a while.

I've never cared for sweet tea it's not popular where I'm from at all, but regular tea is so definitely do love it. Lol. And chocolates mmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And Nutella and donuts right??

I love unsweetened tea. One day I hated it and the next day I couldn't get enough of it. Taste buds definitely do change!! But unsweet tea, omg. I just love it.

Ok petite now you're speaking my language!

Yea it's better to go healthier but I've tried unsweetened oats a bunch of times and I just can't do it! Maybe one day. I don't like a lot of sugar anyway (like sweet tea or candy or something like that) so I don't really ever add sugar to anything if I can help it. Still, it's not the best thing to add, you're right, but I think bc I did so little it won't be so bad I think

Half a teaspoon of sugar is only eight calories: link removed

Definitely worth it to help you make a healthier food choice!

Ha ha yep, love Nutella. Probably more than anything else especially with crepes and strawberries. It would be nice if eating a whole jar of Nutella was healthy, or a whole chocolate mousse cake. But it isn't LOL.

Yea I love regular tea never add anything in my tea unless I'm sick then I'll add some lemon or honey. My husband wasn't much I'd a tea drinker before but now he has to have his tea. He used to have a whole pot of coffee in the morning and then more at work. Now he has coffee sometimes and tea at work.

No it's really not that bad. The alarm went off last night when I was there but all the employees were just standing around and not near anything that may set it off, so I've yet to see who or what is in charge of it. And my gym lets you wear whatever. I see girls with their asses hanging out on a regular basis and it doesn't seem to be a big deal. For the most part it's comfortable. They do pizza and bagels once a month though to keep up your self loathing but I don't get any of it.

I screwed up my breakfast royally. My oatmeal boiled way over in the microwave and I bought green bananas in the hopes that they'd ripen over time (they usually do) but they're not changing so they're hard an I can't even open them . They were in a separate place than the regular yellow bananas but no difference in listed description so I think I bought 6 (I usually buy only 3) mutant, rebellious bananas. I had to settle for just a little honey and vanilla in my oatmeal today.

I planked. 39 seconds...first plank ever. The kittens I'm fostering were climbing all over me, licking my face, trying to eat my hair. Helpful jerkfaces. My 6 year old can outplank me. She was like, "What are you doing? Is THIS exercise?" *Starts planking* "I don't get it" Oh be quiet...lol

Did you do on those new machines?

Do you keep any fruit frozen? I freeze peeled bananas and have a couple of bags of frozen fruit in the freezer for when things don't work...like your mutant banana incident.

I'm not a huge fan of frozen fruit. It throws the taste off for me.

My dogs bother me when I'm planking if I do it at home so I have to go in another room.

37 seconds is good for your first one! It's hard, isn't it??

My 6 year old can outplank me. She was like, "What are you doing? Is THIS exercise?" *Starts planking* "I don't get it" Oh be quiet...lol

This made me laugh haha, when 6 year olds passively throw exercise in your face

I love planking and also hate it, I secretly start competing with other plankers in the gym if they're planking when I am, and I try to go longer than them. I'm a small person, I know

Branched out of my comfort zone and did some crunches and some hip adduction (whatever that means--where I'm squeezing weights together with my thighs--works out inner thighs?). Did 5 sets of 20.

Gotta work off that roly poly wrap I had today. I'm so obsessed with the nut and honey wrap, omg.

So I'm down 4 pounds since my first weigh in...and then I got the stomach flu. I've been trying to drink my calorie targets, but I'm not hitting them.

Today I cooked the 85g of pasta that the box says is a serving. I don't think I'll be able to eat all of that...we'll see. I still feel like puking...but seriously, that's a lot of pasta.

So a few months ago I was doing those abduction thingys at the gym...and I looked up (I have my headphones blaring) to see a few men have gathered around me. Not talking to me...just kind of...in conversation and looking over. I felt uncomfortable. I walked away to a different part of the gym to do my stretches...when I realized that...I had a huge hole in the crotch of my yoga pants. I had been flashing everyone my pretty lacy, red thong. Now I look before I spread 0.0

Oh god. Well, at least you had pretty panties going for you. It could have been worse, it could have been period underoos. Or none at all.

My grandma told me to always wear pretty and clean undies every time I leave the house incase I get in a car accident. Lol.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Planet fitness has those machines facing the wall so you don't have moments like that haha. Part of their "no gym-timidation" tactics I guess.

I came in under my calories yesterday and today I'm not completely sure. I think i'm right at my limit b/c I got frozen yogurt from a local place and am not sure of what's in their stuff, but they're stuff is all organic and locally made and overall decent, so I'm not too too worried. Still, no snacking tonight.

Are you still tracking on MFP hers?

I haven't looked at what froyo would be on there. I know weight watchers always indicated 3 perogies were a serving...and I was always starving after...MFP said 8 was a serving. It was around 600 calories...but I was actually full afterwards and had the allotted calories left...so why not?

As long as you're tracking and seeing results, it's all good. For smaller places, I ask if they have nutritional info and if they don't, I go in MFP, find my serving size and take the highest calorie option. Better safe than sorry?

Last night I discovered panama jacks margaritas. I had 2 1/2 glasses...and my head is killing me this morning. Idk if the reduced food intake can't absorb alcohol or if I'm really becoming a light weight...but omg lol

Archived