falling so far down and climbing up even higher!

magichat

Hey there. I have posted here for about 6 or 7 weeks. My girlfriend of five years broke up with me about 2 months ago. I have not talked to her in that long. I have been reading and writint and hanging out with my friends. I was in really bad shape for about a month or so but still didnt have ant contact with her. At a christmas party this weekend i was hanging out with this girl. I have met her a few times before this but i never looked at her in this light before. We had a great time together. I am really looking forward to getting to know her better but i am also a little nervous about it. It has only been 2 months since my break up and i dont know if i can trust my own head right now even though it feels right. on the other hand i really want to call her and hang out. another thing is that i just turned 25 and she is a few months away from 21. She seemed so fun and bright. At the party she kept giving me hints and that she was interested and flirting with me all night. I feel like a little kid again. you know that feeling of a happy anxous. I just dont want to go into anything fast, I also dont want to scare her away either. If anyone may have some advice please reply

sincerly D.J

glad to see youre on the up & up.

you said: "i dont know if i can trust my own head right now even though it feels right."

i am in the same boat. just take your time & dont look at her as a potential GF. look at her as a great person thats a ton of fun to hang with & things will eventually fall into place as they are meant to.

-DG724

nothing wrong with a friends first approach...

however, if you do find yourself becoming more attracted to this girl in time, dont allow your previous relationship to hinder it...this is a new girl, new circumstances and new start...keep reminding yourself of that..

thanks for all your advice. I have been through this once before so i come into it with a little knowledge. I am just so shy and nervous when it comes to these things, almost as if i am afraid to call her even though i know she wants me to. May be it is the fear of rejection, though i know she wants to hear from me. I havnt felt this nevous to call a girl since i was in high school, I guess i figured that that anxious, nervous feeling only happened when we are younger. I guess at 25 it still exists. I just feel that i am going to be talking a million miles a minute when i call. Thank for the advice

D.J