Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What are you grateful for today?

SpottiOtti

Grateful to enjoy some time for myself and take in the city lights. There’s barely anyone out & about today on New Year’s Day and I’m enjoying the fairly quiet city streets. It’s rarely ever this quiet, so I’m appreciating & savoring it while it lasts.

Move out to the country! We have no city lights, no neighbors, and all kinds of wild animals lurking around!

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Move out to the country! We have no city lights, no neighbors, and all kinds of wild animals lurking around!

I love both the city & country! I moved to my current city (from a smaller, more rural type area) about 3.5 years ago and the construction has gotten progressively worse over the last couple of years. Right now I’m loving the city life, though (the construction is just a very MINOR drawback) but maybe one day I’ll embrace some rural roots again.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm grateful for feeling energetic and not sleepy at all :)

I used to struggle with my little one that climbed out of her playpen way, way too early. Co-sleeping, putting the mattress on the floor, putting her back to bed a few dozen times didn't work at all. My 2-year-old girl is not emotionally ready for a big girl bed, and the lack of sleep was making a monster out of her and her mommy! Finally I've found this lifesaver: https://www.best-pack-n-play.com/tent-cover/ :) It was the first night we had a proper sleep and it is awesome!

Hopefully I can stop praying for just one uninterrupted night of shut-eye.

• 1 month later...

I'm grateful for every nurse, paramedic, doctor, medical staff, laboratory staff, cleaning staff, police officer, fire fighter, security officer, military worker, cashier, volunteer, political leader, bank teller, IT staff, administrative staff, bus driver, pilot, plant and production staff etc for their magnificent efforts during this uncertain time. I'm also grateful for every journalist, news reporter, broadcaster, media presenter, radio host, producer, etc for informing and entertaining us whilst we weather this storm together.

Extremely grateful!

Archived