Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

Happpybear's fitness/nutrition/wellness journal

happpybear

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, I was going to look for work in the prairies, Calgary too! Seems like the prairies are where it's at for work these days.

The business I might buy is in the automotive industry. It's a franchise, selling a product for cars and there is crazy demand for it.

But..I know NOTHING about cars! I don't even drive LMAO. I don't need to be a car nut though. I just need to be shrewd when it comes to running a business and good at hiring people that are car nuts.

My brother has been working in this business for a year and is a total pro, and has bought a license for a different city. He was telling me about it and how nobody is brave enough to buy Toronto, because the demand will be insane because that's where all the luxury car dealers are and people are intimated by the luxury cars dealers, and working with the cars--liability and all that.....I'm thinking, well that's where it will be most successful, why on earth are people afraid of this? Makes no sense to me....they're just cars, a Porsche is the same to me as a Hyundai....A car is a car.....You treat them all the same.

Anyway, I will probably by the license...it's less than $5,000! I can't even believe how cheap it is! But if I do, I will sit on it for a bit, until my bro gets his business up and running, so that he will then be able to help me out in getting mine running.

Calgary is booming. It's crazy here and has been for years. It's really rare to meet someone that was born here...like 2/3 of the population came from somewhere else....but it's a neat place. A lot of diversity. A lot of money here. With that said....the housing market is kind of a disaster it will be interesting to see what they do...were running out of room.

I don't know about cars either....so what you said makes no sense to me...but I wish you luck What kind of license are you talking about?

Most of business is marketing and location. It's important to be where your demographic is (so locate yourself in an affluent neighbourhood- look for good parking for customers.) and....figure out where you should advertise and put money into it. Advertising should be 10% of your operating budget while you're launching. It can be less once you're established.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived