Open Club  ·  113 members  ·  Free

Journals

Journey to healing and better myself

jenbrooks

Look -somehow you think that two weeks is enough for a more serious commitment. (I don't but you seem to) -so just have a discussion of general goals with him.

I'll take this to my therapist tomorrow and discuss why I am pressured to this level. It could be because of my age and culture. If that's the case then I need to work around that.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll take this to my therapist tomorrow and discuss why I am pressured to this level. It could be because of my age and culture. If that's the case then I need to work around that.

I think general goals come up naturally in early date conversations -all sorts of goals - career, travel, family, marriage (or not), etc.

Elevator - he doesn't know what he wants.

He wants to be with someone but he doesn't know if he will stay here or move away to another state. He also doesn't know if he wants to get married considering he has son social issues. We talked for an hour, and finally decided to give it a week and he told me to let him know, but he is fine the way things are now.

It is risky being with someone who doesn't know what he wants. I really like him, and I don't know if I should do the whole thing, lets spend more time and see if he's willing to change his mind or eventually commit to marriage.

He said no hard feelings if it doesn't work, I can always find a new guy on okcupid. Hw will take photos of me etc to get a good profile picture.

I am unsure, I really want him to change his mind and say that he does want marriage and does want to settle down. I can't really continue a relationship if he doesn't know what he wants. Or am I too impatient?

"If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice" (Rush, 1980s). He is choosing not to decide and choosing the cop-out "I don't know what I want". Sure he does. He is all about knowing what he wants and too good at it in a way -look at all of his obsessions/compulsions. This is someone you knew for a few weeks and luckily you know that he is not a mentally stable person who is not working on becoming more stable. What else do you need to know?

If you give this another week -i.e. a 1/3rd of the time you actually knew him - you'll simply be wasting your time and no, I don't think you will learn from it for the next time because most people do not have his level of mental instability. It's not because he "doesn't know what he wants".

• 2 years later...
Guest katielou1

Hey. I like your idea.

So I was wondering if it’s ok for me to join this?

I've avoided saying my feelings/thoughts, (I did a mini journal on word but I felt stupid). I think speaking,to others, in the same situation, will help me.

I feel ready to open up now, I want to get it all out, in a mature, healthy, way, so I can finally heal!

Stay strong you lot.

Archived