Who has blocked their ex?

I just blocked him. Guess finding out he was with somebody new was the step I needed to face reality.

Now if he does contact me in the future, I wouldn't know. I'm finally putting away all the hope and the delusion.

I'm just really hurt.

Who has done the same?

I have. I did it partially for about the last year but this week, the guillotine came down. I wrote a pretty direct email to him:

Hey...

I wanted to write you now and tell you not to make the reservation for the spa and not to buy me any rings.

I've met someone who has turned my head and my heart around. It's time for you and I to let this go and move on with our lives.

We cannot be friends, so please don't contact me.

Make things work with Deborah. After all the hard work she did to get you, you might as well start acting faithful to her if that is even possible.

I've blocked you on email and on my phone, so don't waste your time trying to contact me. I"m sure you wish me well and you're happy for me. I am fine knowing that you've already said this to me and I don't need to hear it again.

I am happy. That's all you need to know.

Good luck in your life.

It went through a bunch of iterations, but I settled on maintaining my dignity and grace, with just one swipe of my cat paw to make it sting.

What made me do this was him trying to play yet another of his manipulation games with me right before my new guy made his declaration... I felt the new guy and I were heading in that direction but I didn't want to get ahead of myself until he spoke up and made his intentions plain. I'm full steam ahead with the new man, so I did the complete purge. Pictures, emails ev-er-y-thing. Gone. Block block block--head on the block, down came the axe. I wanted absolutely no impediments of any sort with my new guy. It's all about communication and transparency and honesty. My life to him is an open book. If one is still clinging on to past mementos, then one can't be an open book--one still has a part of themclosed off to the new person.

I have blocked him on Verizon. I had to, because we were playing yo yo for years. It's time to put an end. Not because of anything but, I am getting old for this...

Never had the urge to stalk on Facebook, or to initiate contact after blocking. I really wouldn't know what is going on in his life and for me it is better like that..

Blocked my ex on everything possible right after the break up. It has been more then hard but I have progressed so much since then. It has been nearly 11 months since we had contact and since the break up. I still think about her almost everyday but it's starting to be less and less.

No FB anymore here, but I have blocked all my exes on my phone so they can't text or call me. If they try, my phone won't even ring or beep. I also have it set up so that my voice mail ditches them so they can't even leave a message.

Emails are blocked too. Filters are so up so messages from their accounts are immediately deleted and I have no clue if I received any or not.

Also, the app I use to block their calls and texts is set to not have a history. So I can't even see if they try to call or text me even if I were curious. I set up that setting on purpose because I am a curious person. I know I would look. I actually have a lot of people blocked.

Aside from one ex, I don't wish any of them ill will. I just don't care.

I blocked her for a week...Then unblocked to check up on her (This was the first week of being dumped). After that, I simply stopped checking. I figured, why block? Do I want to feel more miserable and sad? No. So I just don't check her page. It's been almost a month now that I have not checked her profile and I feel great.

The temptation strikes here and there, but I'm happy to find myself able to hold my hand and not go there. On a side note, I did delete all our mutual friends...They did not support me in any way after the breakup and they all stood by her. So it was easier

After almost three years and too many painful cycles of frustrating and emotionally wounding rounds of contact, I have blocked her on everything. It was time.

I hope she's happy and able to stop looking back. I hope I will be able to do the same one day. I miss her everyday.

My ex blocked me on everything and then I blocked him on everything as well. I have recently started to have a strong urge to check up on him (as in looking at his Twitter and other social media pages that are public) after about 3 months of total no contact but I'm forcing myself not to. SMH. I know I would either get really upset at him again or upset at myself for looking and seeing nothing.

Blocked my ex IMMEDIATELY on Facebook, the day he dumped me -- woooo hoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Over a year and I've NEVER ONCE snooped. I'm so proud.

Changed my phone number TWICE so he couldn't call or text hahahahahaa

I never bothered blocking him on my email because I *told him* he was blocked and knowing him he'll never doubt that I did.... but maybe I should go ahead and do that now anyway? Thanks for the reminder.

There's NOTHING like not having that horrible nanosecond of hope every time your phone rings or you get a text..... that it's THEM. Changing my cell number was the best gift I gave myself.

There's NOTHING like not having that horrible nanosecond of hope every time your phone rings or you get a text..... that it's THEM.

I hear you, Sharky...

The day before I took out the axe, I was puttering around in the house and the phone rang and I thought it was my new man.. when I looked at the phone screen, it was the ex and I had that overwhelming feeling of disgust rise up in me. It was then that I knew the axe had to come down and down it did.

~~ One day someone will walk into your life and make you see why it never worked out with anyone else.. ~~

TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!! I'm living this right now.

The day it was official, I de-friended her, a few friends of hers, and removed all pics/tags/etc. of her and I off my FB. She's still friends with my mom and grandma and a few of my friends on FB, but it doesn't bother me any. Its a relief, and though I do get the urge to want to stalk, I don't... its counter-productive for my end game.

Recently saw that she unblocked me and all my friends but did not make any attempt to contact me. This happened a little less than two months after I started no contact, and three months after the breakup.

It was pretty apparent that she did it to check up on what was happening in my life. Struggled with the decision for a while, but finally blocked her, deleted her friends that I did not know that well, and set everything to private.

It feels GREAT.

Archived