Open Club  ·  113 members  ·  Free

Journals

Online Dating - A Woman's Journal

missmarple

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what was wrong with him? I've lost track of all the menz lol

LOL. Well, nothing much except I wasn't attracted to him at all and, unlike some other guys who I wouldn't mind being friends with, I didn't feel we had anything in common at all. It was a very boring date for me.

New guy.

Alonso is 46, works for a company, divorced for 10 yrs with 2 kids (boy 17/girl 19), 6'1, brown hair and eyes, good looking.We've talked on the site a couple of times and we have lots of things in common. He's easy to talk to, lives close to me and he can cook...lol. He hasn't asked for my phone number yet but I believe he will next time we talk.

While Alonso has been talking to me and saying we should meet but just like the guy before him has yet to suggest a specific date, I started talking to someone else and we have a date for Sunday.

Roman is also 46, a car salesman, divorced with 2 kids (both boys, 17 and 12), light brown hair, brown eyes, nice looking although a bit on the short side (5'8 )...but taller than me, at least. We only talked twice and he asked me to meet. If the date happens, remains to be seen..lol

Roman is also 46, a car salesman, divorced with 2 kids (both boys, 17 and 12), light brown hair, brown eyes, nice looking although a bit on the short side (5'8 )...but taller than me, at least. We only talked twice and he asked me to meet. If the date happens, remains to be seen..lol

If "Roman" is his real name, I hope he says something like, "My chariot awaits you" when he picks you up.

If a person suggests meeting does your response at least indicate when you are free to meet?

It depends. Alonso, for example, had said 'next time we talk, we should arrange to meet'...and I had said 'sure, I'd like that' but had no idea when next time would be...it turned out to be 3 days later and he didn't mention meeting again, so, neither did I.

Roman on the other hand, said, 'are you free on Sunday?'...and that's the approach I'm looking for.

On other news, I talked to another new guy today. Diego is 47, has a company, he's a widower (his wife died 5 years ago) and lives with his 2 daughters (24 and 22). He's 6' tall, with black hair and brown eyes, quite athletic. We talked for a bit on the site and then he asked for my phone number and he called me. I enjoyed our chat but had to cut it short as I was about to go out. He sounded relaxed, talkative and with a good sense of humour. I told him I'll call him tomorrow to continue the conversation.

New guy.

Felipe is 51, never married, no kids, works for an advertising company, 5'9, grey hair, goatee, brown eyes, good looking. It was our first online chat today and I enjoyed it. Very open and talkative, an only child like myself, a cat-lover and we even like the same foods. We talked for about half an hour and, hopefully, we will again.

I think there's a middle ground where even if he doesn't suggest a particular day if he sounds sincere and enthusiastic you can say "ok were you thinking of a particular day?" That way you don't waste all this time on future phone calls and planning future calls.

I think there's a middle ground where even if he doesn't suggest a particular day if he sounds sincere and enthusiastic you can say "ok were you thinking of a particular day?" That way you don't waste all this time on future phone calls and planning future calls.

That's a good idea, I'll try it with the next one who says we should meet

I cancelled tomorrow's date with Roman...and took him off my list, too. What happened was that earlier he messaged me online and made me feel very uncomfortable with his questions. He started asking what I wear in bed, if I'm conservative (at first I thought he meant politically but he clarified he meant sexually!) what am I going to wear for our date tomorrow, etc, etc. After a few minutes of that, I told him the date is off, we are obviously looking for different things and good luck.

I cancelled tomorrow's date with Roman...and took him off my list, too. What happened was that earlier he messaged me online and made me feel very uncomfortable with his questions. He started asking what I wear in bed, if I'm conservative (at first I thought he meant politically but he clarified he meant sexually!) what am I going to wear for our date tomorrow, etc, etc. After a few minutes of that, I told him the date is off, we are obviously looking for different things and good luck.

Great decision! Sorry you had to put up with that nonsense. I sometimes responded "you must be messaging with your mother".

Alonso finally asked when are we going to meet and we agreed on Tuesday. Then he asked for my phone number and we talked for over an hour. He sounded nice, easy to talk to and I liked his voice. A good sense of humour, too. I asked about his marriage, he's been divorced for 10 years, his wife had been his highschool sweetheart and she's remarried and has a 2yo. His kids (boy 17, girl 19) live with her but he sees them often and he's on good terms with his ex wife, too.

His last relationship lasted for 8 months and ended 3 months ago. She was 24 (!) and they didn't have much in common (no wonder).

He's a smoker like myself, he prefers dogs to cats and he can cook (yay). He has an older sister who lives far away and his parents live a couple of hours away, too (yay...no close relatives nearby except his kids).

He doesn't live very close to me (about 45 mins away) but he knows my neighbourhood and he'll be coming here to meet me...he seems like a good prospect so, please, keep your fingers crossed for me

The old, "Roman hands and Russian fingers" game, eh? lol

I talked with Alonso on the site last night, he's off work for 3 days (he works shifts and gets days off often enough) and it was fun and interesting as always. I really hope that there will be some chemistry between us in person because personality-wise we seem to be so compatible..at least through internet and phone. He has my sense of humour (a bit sarcastic and goofy) that I don't often find in men and I just feel so comfortable talking to him. Fingers crossed.

Archived