Journals

Online Dating - A Woman's Journal

missmarple

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is Park recovering well from his cold ?

LMAO...don't remind me.

I really don't understand some people. What could possibly have changed from 12 to 5 to make him cancel and then disappear, I have no idea...and it's the second time it's happening to me!

Marcel texted me that he can't make it tonight because he's hurt his back. I replied that it's ok and hope it's nothing serious and he said he's had a problem with his back for years and maybe we can go out tomorrow if he feels better. I said ok, let me know....and we'll see.

Seems like I make men sick lately

Marcel texted me asking how I am. I said I'm fine and asked about his back. He said it's still painful and going to work makes things worse (because of summer, they don't have enough staff or something) but would I like to meet on Thursday..if he's feeling better? I said ok, as long as you let me know early enough. He said he will call me before 2pm, I said ok and that was that.

Of course, if I have another offer for Thursday, there's no way I'll sit around waiting for him. All these back problems and last minute dates don't sit well with me.

Once more, Marcel messaged me that he can't make it because his back hurts...he said he went to the doctor and he gave him some pills or something blah blah. All I said was 'get better soon'...and he's off my list and my phone. If he really is that sick that he can't have a cup of coffee, he better go to a hospital, not on dating sites.

New guy.

Martin is 43, a dentist, single, no kids, 5'11, brown eyes, no hair (lol), seems good-looking. We first talked today, on the site. He's away on holidays for one more week but he said he'd like to meet me when he's back and I said I'd like that, too. From our short chat he seems to be clever and on the serious side but he has a sense of humour, too. We'll see what happens.

New guy.

Martin is 43, a dentist, single, no kids, 5'11, brown eyes, no hair (lol), seems good-looking. We first talked today, on the site. He's away on holidays for one more week but he said he'd like to meet me when he's back and I said I'd like that, too. From our short chat he seems to be clever and on the serious side but he has a sense of humour, too. We'll see what happens.

Is he single, as in, never been married? Don't know how it is with men, but it's been my experience that attractive, straight women who make it into their forties without having been married at least once, usually have "personality" issues. Good luck!

Is he single, as in, never been married? Don't know how it is with men, but it's been my experience that attractive, straight women who make it into their forties without having been married at least once, usually have "personality" issues. Good luck!

Yes, he's never been married. I asked him about it and he said it was a combination of not wanting to get married + not meeting anyone he wanted to marry. For the record, I have the same mindset as you when it comes to people in their 40's who've never been married...but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

One more new guy.

Alvin is 41, a teacher, single, no kids, 5'10, black hair and eyes. We've exchanged several emails in the past week and we seem to get along. He was away on holidays and he's coming back tomorrow. He emailed me last night asking if I'd like to meet either on Saturday or on Sunday, I said I can't Sunday but I'm free tomorrow..and I'm waiting for his reply.

Alvin replied saying he'll email me IF he comes back tomorrow and he added 'keep checking your email'. REALLY? I emailed him back my phone number and told him I may not be online so he should call.

I swear some men are either clueless about dating or just stupid.

Archived