Open Club  ·  113 members  ·  Free

Journals

Online Dating - A Woman's Journal

missmarple

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The air conditioning made him sick? Is he one of those people who believes that if you get physically cold, you get a cold? If so...it might be best to run away regardless. People that don't understand basic principles of science stress me out.

hehe, yes! i agree.

tell him he does not need antibiotics. unless he has some reason to think it's bacterial, this is probably viral and thus does not need antibiotics.

It doesn't add up on many levels.

He says he got a cold from the A/C? BS.

His "doctor sister" told him to get some antibiotics? No doctor is going to tell you to get antibiotics for a typical cold, let alone one "from the A/C".

Bahahaha.

But still... getting a cold from the AC is just impossible and shows a lack of acceptance/belief in basic science...

I don't mean to make excuses for him but, really, that idea is very much believable in my country..I mean it's something you hear often 'I got a cold because I was sweaty and a cold wind blew or I sat under the AC'.

Of course, it could also be an excuse. Personally, I don't remember getting a cold from the AC, to be honest, but I know I've heard it lots from other people.

But still... getting a cold from the AC is just impossible and shows a lack of acceptance/belief in basic science...

Well may I disagree with you all here about the AC and getting ill?

When AC are not properly cleaned they accumulate lots of little creatures that can make you ill, but not necessairly flu viruses or rhinoviruses.

Besides, viruses like the common rhinovirus survive best in cold dry atmospheres. And also, people get most of these infections due to being in closed spaces without opening windows, which also applies to a room with AC.

So yes you all are right that AC and cold whether does not cause a cold nor flu, but it makes it easier to get ill.

Well may I disagree with you all here about the AC and getting ill?

When AC are not properly cleaned they accumulate lots of little creatures that can make you ill, but not necessairly flu viruses or rhinoviruses.

Besides, viruses like the common rhinovirus survive best in cold dry atmospheres. And also, people get most of these infections due to being in closed spaces without opening windows, which also applies to a room with AC.

So yes you all are right that AC and cold whether does not cause a cold nor flu, but it makes it easier to get ill.

Fair enough, but according to missmarple, he said this:

I asked him. He told me what I said. That this morning he worked outside for 2 hours, then he got into his car and turned on the a/c and he apparently got a cold because he was sweaty. That's all he said.

He said he got a cold because he used the AC while he was sweaty. That implies it was the cold temperature and wet body that made him sick, not microbes from an uncleaned AC. It's like saying you will get a cold if you go outside with wet hair. Also, a car is hardly a cold, dry environment during times when people use AC. When I get in my car on a day when I will use AC, it is anything BUT cool and dry inside

He said he got a cold because he used the AC while he was sweaty. That implies it was the cold temperature and wet body that made him sick, not microbes from an uncleaned AC. It's like saying you will get a cold if you go outside with wet hair. Also, a car is hardly a cold, dry environment during times when people use AC. When I get in my car on a day when I will use AC, it is anything BUT cool and dry inside

Yes, it does sound like BS. I agree with you all.

Besides, missmarple said he coughed a few times when he told her he was ill. Not sure about this, but when I get ill my coughing comes later on and not when the illness is just starting.

So getting back to the important point of the discussion here, yes so far we all think he was faking it.

New guy.

Luc is 54, a teacher, 6ft tall, brown hair and eyes, seems good looking and he's getting a divorce. I avoid talking to separated men, in general, but he doesn't have any kids, they've both agreed on the divorce and he said it's a matter of days before the papers are in his hands, so, I decided to give him a chance. We talked on the phone and he sounded clever, open and with a good sense of humour. He's in his country house for now but it's only 1 hour away, so, we arranged to meet tomorrow.

New guy.

Marcel is 41, single, no kids, 6ft tall, light brown hair, brown eyes, sweet smile. He's a municipal employee and lives very close to me..like 10 mins away. He contacted me on the site, then we emailed a few times and then he called me. He has a sweet voice, he laughed a lot and, what's more, he has a rabbit and I love rabbits On top of that, his parents live in a town an hour away and they have 5 cats...they're all animal lovers. The problem with him is that he works nights..from midnight to 9 in the morning and that's even on the weekends. However, I said I'd like to meet him when he asked.

It was hard to arrange a date as I'm busy on the next 3 days but we settled on Saturday He'll call me when he wakes up to go over the details.

The date with Luc was very boring. He looked older than 54, closer to 60. He was a nice person but boring and, obviously, he still has issues about his marriage. The problem was his wife's daughter (a child he had raised himself since she had been 7yo when they got married) and he's still bitter about it all..apparently, the girl (16 now) was spoilt rotten by her mum and there were huge fights between them on a daily basis. He still seemed upset by it all...even if I was attracted to him, I would steer clear of him..even more so that I'm not attracted at all. He sounded very different on the phone..at least, we met soon enough and I didn't waste any time on him!

Bruno messaged me on the site, asking how I'm doing. I said I'm fine, how are you?...and he never wrote back His level interest is so low that I see no reason in keeping him on my list.

Edited to add: he did reply...half an hour later...asking what's my name. I can't believe people over 50 can be that stupid.

Archived