Open Club  ·  113 members  ·  Free

Journals

Online Dating - A Woman's Journal

missmarple

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got a call by a new guy.

Alain is 52, a gym teacher, twice divorced, with 2 daughters, 30 and 21, one from each marriage....and lives 4 hrs away. I normally don't talk to guys who live so far away but there's something about him that I like. He's 6'3, black hair and eyes, good looking and he reminds me of an old b/f..lol. We had a great phone conversation...I don't know if anything will come out of this but I had a pleasant 30 minutes, at least.

New guy.

Bruno is 52, 6'1, light brown hair, green eyes, single, no kids and he's in the army but about to retire in the next couple of years. He has a sad love story this guy...he told me about it on the phone. He had been with a woman for 14 years until she died 4 years ago. I asked how come they hadn't gotten married and he said it was her choice. She was born with heart problems (she couldn't exercise, walk too far, have kids, etc) and she told him on their first date. But he chose to stay with her until she died...she was only 39...and a teacher like me.

We talked on the phone for about an hour...he sounds like a very nice guy. He likes animals, he lives alone, his family lives 2 hours away (his father, a sister and a brother, both married with kids) and he told me that he hasn't met anyone from the site yet but he'd like to meet me. I told him I'm still on holidays so I have plenty of time and he said he'll call me.

The date with Park was nice. He was very talkative and open and he has a cheeky smile that I like. He told me a lot about his job and his family and asked about me, too. I can't say I felt particularly attracted to him but I'd like to get to know him more. Apparently, so did he because, at the end of the date, he asked me if I'd like to meet again. I said yes and he asked what I'm doing tomorrow. I'd rather not meet him again so soon but he caught me by surprise and I said I have no plans. So, he said he'll call me in the morning.

I just talked to Bruno but this time it didn't go so well. First of all, it was at the site..he messaged me and when someone has my phone number but chooses to message me on the site..it doesn't sit well with me. Then, he asked what I'm doing tonight, I said I'm going out, he said so is he..and then he started typing one sentence every 5 minutes..talking about irrelevant stuff. Eventually, I left. When someone has already said they want to meet me but do nothing to arrange a date, it usually goes nowhere.

He did have time. He was at home alone and had just made himself lunch. He had nothing to do until later in the evening (he told me himself). I don't know what's up with him but I have no more patience with guys who won't move a finger to meet me or even talk to me...I forgot to mention yesterday that I was the one who had called him (he had offered his numbers) and I was the one who gave him my number when I had to hung up.

Did he seem like he was coming down with something? Did he say he would reschedule when he felt better?

No, he seemed fine yesterday...but he told me this morning that he had already done some garden work for a couple of hours. He said that he then got into his car and turned the a/c on and that's how he got sick. He coughed a couple of times but that's not hard to do..lol.

He said nothing about rescheduling but he said he'll call me when he feels better.

No, he seemed fine yesterday...but he told me this morning that he had already done some garden work for a couple of hours. He said that he then got into his car and turned the a/c on and that's how he got sick. He coughed a couple of times but that's not hard to do..lol.

He said nothing about rescheduling but he said he'll call me when he feels better.

The air conditioning made him sick? Is he one of those people who believes that if you get physically cold, you get a cold? If so...it might be best to run away regardless. People that don't understand basic principles of science stress me out.

The AC did not give him a high fever and he can't get antibiotics without a prescription. I'm not sure about this.

He said he asked his sister who's a doctor and she told him to go get some. He didn't tell me if she prescribed them for him, I imagined she did. But I do know that he texted me just 2 hours before the date and when we spoke on the phone he said he was just going to get the medication...it all seemed a bit hurried to me but I don't know.

Archived