Open Club  ·  113 members  ·  Free

Journals

Online Dating - A Woman's Journal

missmarple

New guy.

Blair is 48, divorced for 4 years with 2 daughters (23/24) who live with him and he has a small engineering company. He's 6'1, on the large side but not fat, with brown hair and eyes and quite interesting. We exchanged a few emails and then he called me. He has a very sexy voice and our conversation was easy and fun...he has a 'big' but not overbearing personality and I felt we were on the same wavelength, he gets my humour and I get his. He told me he works a lot, he's worked hard to build that company and he has 16 employees, his older daughter included. He travels abroad a lot, too. Oh, and he loves animals (I always ask that).

He asked me to meet on Saturday and, following the advice here (hehe), I made sure we agreed on a time and a place (near me..but he also lives relatively close). He told me he'd like to hear my voice tomorrow, too, and I said I'll call him in the afternoon.

Between Sheldon and Blair (at least until I meet them both in person), I would say that I'm more attracted to Blair's personality but Sheldon seems to have more time for a relationship as he's going to retire this year and he lives alone.

In any case, it seems like this weekend is going to be interesting.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the day of phonecalls.

Eddie just called, too. 49, single, no kids, 6'1, brown hair and eyes, works for an electric company. We talk on the phone from time to time but haven't managed to meet yet. He asked me to meet tonight, I said I have plans. He asked about tomorrow, I said I have plans...as I do for Sunday, too, so, I told him about Monday but he wasn't sure he could make it. Eventually, we agreed to talk during the weekend and make a date for either Monday or Tuesday.

Dating is a tiring thing :smiley_simmons:

The date with Sheldon was ok, in general.

He looks just like his pics except he has a (BIG) double chin that I hadn't noticed in pics (they were all taken from a distance). Without that chin, I could say he has a nice face. His eyes are very pretty, blue-green, he has all his hair, a nice smile. He's not very tall and has a bit of a belly but I don't mind about those things. The chin I do mind about..I made an effort to avoid looking at it..lol

Personality wise, he's friendly, talkative and open-minded but he's not the sort of guy who talks about lots of things. It was mostly his job, family, kids, that sort of thing. He has only had 2 serious relationships in his life, his ex wife and his ex gf (20 yrs with the first one, 7 with the second one).

I didn't feel any connection with him although I can't say I had a bad time or got bored or anything. He, on the other hand, obviously had a good time. He said he wants to see me again, he complimented me on my looks and my style and he even suggested to drive me to the town where his country home is (a seaside town, about an hour away) to show me around..and drive me back for our next date.

I didn't give him a positive answer on the subject of meeting again as I'm not sure myself. I think I want to give him one more chance as it's one of those situations where someone is great on paper but there's something lacking in person (and I don't think it was just the chin).

I laughed out loud about the chin! My ex/friend guy that i met last year had this HUGE chin. He was short, fat and bald...but his chin was the biggest turn off. I have a small double chin myself. The one physical thing about my guy was that he had a pretty good NOSE! lol (fantastic, funny personality)

But a year later he lost a bunch of weight, and his chin was really down!!! I mean...like a normal double chin...still a big belly, but i didn't mind that either! But then again...he went off looking for a gf! ugh

So then i told him in a round about way, that I WANTED him. I told him point blank....You're more attractive this year than you were last year!

Wow...musta hurt his feelings cuz he then replied (and often since)..."Tom...you're ugly. You're not as ugly as last year, but you're still ugly!!!

No wonder he then left me for another woman.....ouch.

And MM...i have to let you know...I went on a first meet tonite! I know i just got dumped last week...but hey. He was nice. I enjoyed him. And he paid for my dinner and we walked along the river. I'd see him again...but he lives 1 1/2 hours away. And he works on Sunday. In fact, he works the days i'm not busy...and off the days i am! But he has potential to entertain me on some weekends...lol

And MM...i have to let you know...I went on a first meet tonite! I know i just got dumped last week...but hey. He was nice. I enjoyed him. And he paid for my dinner and we walked along the river. I'd see him again...but he lives 1 1/2 hours away. And he works on Sunday. In fact, he works the days i'm not busy...and off the days i am! But he has potential to entertain me on some weekends...lol

I think you had a better time than I did. River sounds romantic

My friend cancelled for tomorrow so, I sent Eddie a message. There's a chance he'll go out of town for the weekend but he won't know until later. He said he'll let me know and if he doesn't leave, we'll meet tomorrow after all.

I called Blair to tell him where we're going to meet (he had left it up to me since it's my neighbourhood) but he was busy at work and said he'll call me in 10 minutes...that was 1 hour ago...I hope he won't flake on me!

Blair called...4 hours later. His story was that one of his daughters had a car accident. According to him, some other car hit her car from behind and she had to be taken to hospital but she's ok, just shook up...and the other driver is also ok. He said he's just now going back to his house to take a bath and try to get some rest.

I don't know if the story is true or fake. He answered all my questions about it...the only point where I felt like he had to think was when I asked where his daughter is now. Because he's told me both his daughters live with him and I wondered why he was going home alone. After some thought he said she decided to spend the night at her mum's.

He apologised for cancelling our date and for not calling me sooner but there was no mention of rescheduling. I told him I hope his daughter feels better soon and that I'll wait for him to call me and we left it at that.

I think if he reschedules within a week it's true and if he doesn't or doesn't call at all it's definitely fake (that is, of course he could flake because he meets someone else in 2 days but most reasonable people would at least call to explain.

Eddie called to tell me he's going away for the weekend, after all. He's coming back on Monday and he said he'll call me then.

I think if he reschedules within a week it's true and if he doesn't or doesn't call at all it's definitely fake (that is, of course he could flake because he meets someone else in 2 days but most reasonable people would at least call to explain.

I think that if he doesn't call tomorrow at all, it's definitely fake.

My fat fingers accidentally unsubscribed myself from this thread, and now I came accross it again, trying to catch up, hehe.

The guy who wouldn't send the photo is probably married. Couldn't call you because his wife was at home.

I usually give it 2 dates to see if chemistry will develop, though some people tell me it should be 3. I say 2 because on a first date, people can be nervous, not themselves. I like to see how things are on the 2nd date, but by then I generally have a clearer idea.

Sheldon (the chin man) called me. He's in his country house with his daughter for the weekend. He asked how I'm doing, we talked about the weather, our plans for the day, etc. Nice guy...too bad he leaves me totally cold.

Blair called, too. He's going to be out of town until late in the afternoon and he asked me to meet tonight. But since he could only make it after 10, I told him we'd better meet tomorrow at a more 'normal' time. So, the second attempt for a date is for tomorrow at 8pm.

Let's hope that this time we'll get to meet.

Well, 4 hours later and Blair hasn't gotten in touch...and he better not contact me again. One more jerk

However, I did meet a new guy today.

Todd is 43, divorced for 3 years, an army officer, 5'10, light brown hair, brown eyes, and looks very attractive in his pics. We exchanged a few emails and I told him I'll call him sometime in the afternoon. He also lives close to me. Let's hope this one is normal..lol

I called Todd. We couldn't talk much as I had to go soon but I found out that he has 3 kids (2 boys 19 and 16 and a girl 17) and that he's a Taurus (lol). He told me he'd rather we talked in person and we made a date for tomorrow at 8pm.

What are your thoughts on dating someone with younger kids at home, like Todd?

Well, his older son (the 19yo) is studying in another town. The other 2 live with their mum. In general, I avoid men with very young kids but 16 and 17 yo I'm fine with. It's not like they'll need him to change their diaper..lol

Speaking of Todd, he messaged me again at 11am asking how I'm doing. Too many messages worry me.

New guy.

Mark, 46, computer programmer, divorced with a 15yo son who lives with his mum. He's 6 ft tall, black hair, blue eyes, very good looking (or takes very good pics..lol), a smoker (like me) and a Gemini (one of my favourite star signs). We've exchanged a few emails and he seems down to earth, polite and serious. I just emailed him my phone number and I hope he'll call.

Archived